Record for the year

What is your preseason prediction for the Big Red  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will wait until after the Wake Forest game. We will know where we are then. If the team has jelled we will be in the thick of every game and the possiblity of going undefeated in the North is realistic in my mind. But we must whip on Wake and I mean bad. If that happens we only have one more game that really bothers me and that is Tech. I actually think Oklahoma will have several losses by the time we play.

If the Wake game is close, then Pitt will be a problem, Tech will be a loss, Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado are likely losses.

I prefer to think we will be in my first category.

I see them losing to Texas for sure, most likely Kansas and UCLA. I am not convinced that Stoops is the greatest coach unless he has the best athletes. He will be starting over 12 new starters on this team, and most have very little experience. Of course I could be totally wrong and they will kick butt from the start, but I have my doubts. I do not think they are as strong as what Tech brings to the talbe by any means... The big 12 is for Texas and Texas Tech to fight over in my mind. If we can not win it, I would like to see Tech get it.

I think 8-3 is realistic, and would be very happy with that level of improvement. I have a good feeling about this team, much better than last years. I do not think we will win the CCG, but I think it could end up being Tech that we play again. I do not see Oklahoma there under any circumstance.

Trev Alberts seemed to be a little down on the team last night at the end of the 10:00 SC segment about Nebraska. He predicted 7-4 saying we may not be a better team but will have a better record. I don't thing 7-4 is an unrealistic expectation, though I do expect 8 wins. However, my feeling is that we will be a much better team than last year, maybe not talent wise just yet, but in terms of execution and attitude I'm looking for things to be much improved.

I think we will go 9-2 with losses to TT and either Pitt or OU. I think the best part of OU went to Arizona and it will start to show. I also think they will lose to UCLA and UT before they go get thumped in the land of Lincoln. F'n hillbillies

Go Big Red

Thats a good point about ou Johny. Mike is at Az. and pelini is at LSU. Venables is on his own. I think like you. It will show.

When Bob Stoops was at KState, they had one of if not the best defense in the land according to defensive rankings. When Bob Stoops was at Florida, they had one of the best if not the best in the land defenses. I'm not saying Mike Stoops is chopped liver, but defense is definitely a strong suit for Bob Stoops.

I predict an OU victory over Texas. Sir Vince has the same problem as Smith of Missouri. Both are very athletic and very good, but neither is a great passer. Stoops will take the running lanes away and make Young beat them with his arm. Personally, I don't think he can. It's not that he may not be able to, but it is OU and there's like a bad omen for Texas in this game. It always seems like the better shot Texas has when they play OU the worse they get beat. Mack Brown's best shot occurred when he had his "slinger" Applewhite setting on the bench.

It has been said time and time again that schools with the top recruiting classes end up near the top. The last time I've checked, OU has been near the top if not the top in recruting the past several years since Stoops has been there. What makes everyone believe they will fall flat on their faces this year? I don't buy it. Yeah, I don't think they'll contend for a NC. Even if they go undefeated, the voters will have a hard time putting them in that game. However, I personally don't see them dropping more than 1 or possibly 2 games.

Everyone is cutting BC slack because he threw together a coaching staff for year one. Consider that Stoops lost two defensive coordinator and an offensive coordinator the last couple of years. Don't kid yourself. OU will be extremely tough this year, and don't look for NU to roll over them this year. Hopefully it will be a better game than last year, but I think we'll still lose the game by double digits.

I predict an OU victory over Texas.  Sir Vince has the same problem as Smith of Missouri.  Both are very athletic and very good, but neither is a great passer.  Stoops will take the running lanes away and make Young beat them with his arm.  Personally, I don't think he can.  It's not that he may not be able to, but it is OU and there's like a bad omen for Texas in this game.  It always seems like the better shot Texas has when they play OU the worse they get beat.  Mack Brown's best shot occurred when he had his "slinger" Applewhite setting on the bench.

I am not believing all the hype about Young. Sure he is a phenominal athlete, but he isn't on top of his passing game. In the last 2 years he has thrown just as many int's and td's

Fox Sports

I predict an OU victory over Texas.  Sir Vince has the same problem as Smith of Missouri.  Both are very athletic and very good, but neither is a great passer.  Stoops will take the running lanes away and make Young beat them with his arm.  Personally, I don't think he can.  It's not that he may not be able to, but it is OU and there's like a bad omen for Texas in this game.  It always seems like the better shot Texas has when they play OU the worse they get beat.  Mack Brown's best shot occurred when he had his "slinger" Applewhite setting on the bench.

I am not believing all the hype about Young. Sure he is a phenominal athlete, but he isn't on top of his passing game. In the last 2 years he has thrown just as many int's and td's

Fox Sports

Not that its a good thing, but NU had some pretty fair qbs who had about the same amount of td's as int's. One being Eric Crouch-29/25