CFN.com Preseason Rankings

GSG

20. Nebraska

Predicted Record:: 10-2

Key to the Season:: Defenses have to fear the passing game more, and the better ones won’t until the quarterbacks play better. Last year, Nebraska threw just one touchdown pass with nine interceptions in the four losses and 15 touchdown passes and a mere three picks in the nine wins.

Relative Strength: Defensive Line, Secondary

Relative Weakness: Quarterback

What to watch for on offense: The quarterback situation. Zac Lee really was supposed to be a great talent who could be a dangerous all-around playmaker for the offense, but he didn’t exactly look the part last year. While a big boost in production can’t be ruled out, Nebraska can’t win the national title unless Lee plays far, far better. If he can’t handle the work, then sophomore Cody Green, a good young prospect, has to show he can handle the reins. Could a potential championship season be in the hands of an untested prospect like Taylor Martinez? Everything else is in place on offense, so if the quarterback play is merely adequate (and consistent), then the O could be every bit as good as the D.

What to watch for on defense: The Peso. It’s a quirky way Nebraska will term its 4-2 -5 alignment as it tries to counteract the more dangerous passing teams with a fifth defensive back who’ll do a little bit of everything. After trying it out a bit last year, the formation proved to be so successful that the Pelini brothers might make it the norm. The versatility will be there to seamlessly move in and out of the alignment.

Fun Stat: Field goals: Nebraska 24-of-28 – Opponents 12-of-24

http://cfn.scout.com/2/990837.html

Top 10

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Georgia

4. Florida

5. Oklahoma

6. Wisconsin

7. TCU

8. Boise State

9. Virginia Tech

10. Texas

Just a couple confusing things here...

I don't care that they ranked NU 20th as id rather be there than in the top 10 right now but...

Where in the heck did GA come from? Weren't they like 8-5 last year? I could see top 25, but not #3.

And TCU above BSU? BSU returns all but 1 starter, and crushed TCU last year. TCU also lost quite a few top players including Jerry Hughes.

This poll is a wee bit off IMO.

WHO CARES ABOUT PRESEASON PUNDIT RANKINGS?? Don't give these guys click through traffic for basically drooling on themselves.

I predict if NU wins every football game they play this upcoming season, another national championship trophy will magically appear in Lincoln, NE.

Don't worry, I clicked the link an extra 30 times for you :thumbs

By the way, is your caps lock broken?

I don't care that they ranked NU 20th as id rather be there than in the top 10 right now but...

Where in the heck did GA come from? Weren't they like 8-5 last year? I could see top 25, but not #3.

And TCU above BSU? BSU returns all but 1 starter, and crushed TCU last year. TCU also lost quite a few top players including Jerry Hughes.

I have Georgia finishing 11-1 in the regular season I believe. Return everyone on an already solid offense with the exception at QB, however the QB position should be upgraded from last years version. On defense, you know they'll be good. Its the SEC.

oh and I wouldn't necessarily say BSU "crushed" TCU. 17-10 is a close game. However I agree that I'm disappointed that BSU isn't higher in the top 5 let alone higher than TCU.

CFN.com must be mid-major haters.

I have Georgia finishing 11-1 in the regular season I believe. Return everyone on an already solid offense with the exception at QB, however the QB position should be upgraded from last years version. On defense, you know they'll be good. Its the SEC.

oh and I wouldn't necessarily say BSU "crushed" TCU. 17-10 is a close game. However I agree that I'm disappointed that BSU isn't higher in the top 5 let alone higher than TCU.

I'll take the under on the UGA season. Man, I live, work, and go to school here and even I don't think that they'll be NEAR that good.

Regarding TCU/BSU. Maybe crushed was a bit or an exaggeration, but TCU still loses more and got beat last year. No way they should be ranked ahead.

As far as GA, I'll take the under as well. They won't go 11-1, and should not be in the top 3. That is like Notre Dame homerism. You just don't rank a team #3 who was 8-5 the year before and just did not look THAT good. Missouri returns almost everybody as last year and was what 8-5? Does that mean that they should be in the top 5 as well?

well, the East is very weak this year, and their rotation of the Western side is favorable...check out Georgia's schedule and you'll see what I mean.

Florida will be good, so it basically comes down to that game.

Aren't the rankings supposed to be on how good the team is and not how easy their schedule is? Otherwise I think we'd be ranked higher due to our favorable schedule.