Who is Ganz/Romo on this team?

tmfr15

I will try to say this again .... Ron Kellogg Jr.

Or Maybe Brion Carnes....

but probably Taylor Martinez!

I was listening to Unsportmanslike Conduct the other day. Mike'l was talking about Kellogg, saying he had the best footwork of any of the QBs and that his release was the best of any of other QBs. The problem is.... when he gets a pass rush, he panics a little bit. The game is moving too fast for him.

If we knew who the darkhorse was, that wouldn't make them much of a darkhorse, now would it? ;)

If Spano ever has a functional ACL I could see him as the guy who's been written off and saves the day from the depths of the QB roster

Im pulling for Spano to gets some quality reps. Sadly, I think he has gone the way of Jordan Adams-- injuries and then gets behind and lost in shuffle.

Spano is not currently on the 105.

Odds are, no one. Romo and Ganz are exceptions. Or maybe they are everywhere but never see the light of day. I just really can't remember that many QBs at NU coming up from the depths to star. Not Berringer--he was always pretty highly regarded, just hidden behind Frazier for awhile.

My memory is a little different on the subject. Berringer's only D1 scholly offer to play football was from Nebraska. He never even would have been given a scholly except for the fact that he attended a football camp at Nebraska where he lit it up. When Mike Grant was struggling, I don't recall there ever being any discussion whatsoever who was going to come in and relieve him. If there was any question at all, redshirt freshman Berringer would have been given the nod rather than true freshman Frazier. Had Frazier not gone down to bloodclots, most NU fans wouldn't even have known who Berringer was.

Odds are, no one. Romo and Ganz are exceptions. Or maybe they are everywhere but never see the light of day. I just really can't remember that many QBs at NU coming up from the depths to star. Not Berringer--he was always pretty highly regarded, just hidden behind Frazier for awhile.

My memory is a little different on the subject. Berringer's only D1 scholly offer to play football was from Nebraska. He never even would have been given a scholly except for the fact that he attended a football camp at Nebraska where he lit it up. When Mike Grant was struggling, I don't recall there ever being any discussion whatsoever who was going to come in and relieve him. If there was any question at all, redshirt freshman Berringer would have been given the nod rather than true freshman Frazier. Had Frazier not gone down to bloodclots, most NU fans wouldn't even have known who Berringer was.

And ganz never would have played except for a collar bone break....this conversation is dumb.

Yeah, I think my memory is off on Berringer.

I seem to recall more buzz about Berringer than others. I recall lots of talk about how lucky we were to have two great QBs, two guys with different styles who could both lead us to wins. Frazier was always the clear-cut #1 in people's minds, but Berringer was never considered a slouch around here. He was highly regarded.

In the end, he wasn't regarded as a slouch. However in the beginning, nobody knew much about him. He only started one year in football for Goodland. Had he not attended Nebraska's QB camp, he would never have visited Lincoln Nebraska other than when the KU basketball team came to town. What really would have been interesting to see is what would have happened had Frost came to Nebraska right off the bat rather than going to Stanford. Would TO have yanked Frost's shirt in 1994? For all practical purposes, Berringer was a walk-on. TO didn't want to give up the scholly but had to in order to get Berringer in here as an athlete because Berringer was all set to walk-on for basketball to KU. There was a lot more buzz surrounding Newcombe and Crouch than there ever was surrounding Berringer and Frazier. Frazier was recruited to and he expected to come in and battle Mike Grant right away for the starting position. Berringer never even entered the equation until Frazier's bloodclots.