Swagger back?

I never realized it much over the years when the Huskers were steam rolling everyone but non Husker fans hated Nebraska because of their swagger. Somewhat why we hated Miami, Free Shoes and the Sooners. I guess even watching Suh swat Hawkins aside and spiking the ball into the fence several years ago didn't seem like much of a deal (it was freakin awesome!!) but I am sure that any CU fan didn't think such. Watching highlights on Youtube generally results in swagger from the Huskers. Now we are starting to see it again even in practice reports. I bet we see more of it this year. So is it swagger or what. Regardless..... it's back! How many more days?

I never realized it much over the years when the Huskers were steam rolling everyone but non Husker fans hated Nebraska because of their swagger. Somewhat why we hated Miami, Free Shoes and the Sooners. I guess even watching Suh swat Hawkins aside and spiking the ball into the fence several years ago didn't seem like much of a deal (it was freakin awesome!!) but I am sure that any CU fan didn't think such. Watching highlights on Youtube generally results in swagger from the Huskers. Now we are starting to see it again even in practice reports. I bet we see more of it this year. So is it swagger or what. Regardless..... it's back! How many more days?

"I don't buy into that," Pelini said. "They can swagger all they want — they've got to execute. That's all we care about. I'm not even sure what swagger is. Whatever. You can swagger as long as we win football games."

link

• Fire 1

Swagger is fine... it's a lot better than what we'd been doing the past few years.

I saw the 2005 Alamo Bowl the other day and I was appalled. We had guys talking crap, shoving, not even making an effort to help even their own teammates up after the plays etc...

Then I watched the Holiday Bowl.. Flexing etc. is fine as long as it isn't in a taunting nature, but mostly what I saw were guys were reaching out to help not only each other off the turf but helping the Arizona guys up as well. Guys slapping other guys with different colored jerseys on the backs for a good play and showing good sportsmanship generally all around.

The difference between the two teams was DRASTICALLY Different. I couldn't believe how guys on that '05 team treated the guys lining up next to them, let alone those lining up across from them.

Swagger is fine... it's a lot better than what we'd been doing the past few years.

I saw the 2005 Alamo Bowl the other day and I was appalled. We had guys talking crap, shoving, not even making an effort to help even their own teammates up after the plays etc...

Then I watched the Holiday Bowl.. Flexing etc. is fine as long as it isn't in a taunting nature, but mostly what I saw were guys were reaching out to help not only each other off the turf but helping the Arizona guys up as well. Guys slapping other guys with different colored jerseys on the backs for a good play and showing good sportsmanship generally all around.

The difference between the two teams was DRASTICALLY Different. I couldn't believe how guys on that '05 team treated the guys lining up next to them, let alone those lining up across from them.

I thing we have a shot at being a very good football team. I don't buy into the NC hype. We have not proven ourselves on that level recently. But just as Pelini says, the last thing this team that lost to IOwafrigin state at home needs is "swagger". They need big doses of hustle and TCOB. They can worry about "swagger" After winning something worthy of husker tradition.

If we go swaggering in.to Wash. Manhatten or Ames we are liable to have our Azz's kicked. We have by no means established this team as elite (pre season hype goes bye bye with the first upset). Win a conference championship and a bcs game and swagger is fine......UNTIL spring ball.

Doesn't every team that competes and wins at a high level get granted this 'swagger' personality? Get some great athletes with a hard working mentality, get them to gel as a unit, get Bo Pelini to scheme a defense for them, and they're going to suddenly have 'swagger'. Fact is it doesn't mean sh#t without the wins to back it up. I still remember all the order Andre Jones was restoring against USC in 2006. Swagger is only as interesting as the team is good that supposedly has it.