this is important

Apparently it has all been decided that Michigan and Ohio State are to be in separate divisions in order to allow the possibility of a meeting in a conference championship game in Indianapolis (wow!) once every ten years or so. And Penn State will be in the same division with Ohio State--great new natural rivalry that will really help Ohio State recruiting in Pennsylvania. This will also necessitate moving the game to sometime in October in order to avoid a possible back-to-back rematch. This is being leaked in order to diffuse outrage by all true football fans.

This is like putting Nebraska and Oklahoma in different divisions and ending a great football tradition. Wouldn't it be better if Michigan and Ohio State are in one division and Nebraska and Penn State in another and we each play our respective rivals in the last game of the season?

Well if not, then certainly it has to be Michigan and Nebraska in one division and Ohio State and Penn State in another with each playing our rival in the last game of the season. Are you guys satisfied playing Wisconsin or Iowa in your last game of the season? If we end up playing Sparty and you guys play Iowa or Wisconsin it will be a joke. They may be good right now but they are certainly not traditional powers in the same class as we (UM, UNL, OSU, PSU) are.

How do you guys feel about this outrage?

Apparently it has all been decided that Michigan and Ohio State are to be in separate divisions in order to allow the possibility of a meeting in a conference championship game in Indianapolis (wow!) once every ten years or so. And Penn State will be in the same division with Ohio State--great new natural rivalry that will really help Ohio State recruiting in Pennsylvania. This will also necessitate moving the game to sometime in October in order to avoid a possible back-to-back rematch. This is being leaked in order to diffuse outrage by all true football fans.

This is like putting Nebraska and Oklahoma in different divisions and ending a great football tradition. Wouldn't it be better if Michigan and Ohio State are in one division and Nebraska and Penn State in another and we each play our respective rivals in the last game of the season?

Well if not, then certainly it has to be Michigan and Nebraska in one division and Ohio State and Penn State in another with each playing our rival in the last game of the season. Are you guys satisfied playing Wisconsin or Iowa in your last game of the season? If we end up playing Sparty and you guys play Iowa or Wisconsin it will be a joke. They may be good right now but they are certainly not traditional powers in the same class as we (UM, UNL, OSU, PSU) are.

I will hold my rage till it is confirmed. Do you have a link to this info?

• Fire 1

I will hold my rage till it is confirmed. Do you have a link to this info?

Here is a link to the story: UMOSU

I think this would be a travesty if it happened. I've been here in Columbus for 5 years and that rivalry means so much to the people here, it would be terrible if it was broken up.

Well the rumor is going round the Michigan and Ohio State boards and I sent an e-mail to what is purportedly Dave Brandon's (Michigan AD) email address complaining about it and received this reply:

"Just wait until you see the facts…and the way the schedule will actually work. I believe you will better understand the choices being made…and the reasons behind them. And, I bet you will be very pleased.

"To assimilate Nebraska as a 12th team and to incorporate a conference championship game into our schedule, will require some sacrifices and compromises for everyone in the conference. We will all have to give up something we wish we didn’t have to give up! I will be surprised if you don’t understand why certain choices have been made once you see actual information. We will play OSU every year…. we will have a great match-up for the last game of the season. You just need to relax and wait for the facts to come out! It is going to be OK!!!!!

"Best wishes…and Go Blue!

"Dave"

This should prob. be in the conference expansion section of the board. They are already discussing the UM/OSU split. The difference between the Oklahoma situation you threw out is we don't play Oklahoma EVERY year like UM/OSU would. We play Oklahoma every two years. And how do you know they will not play in the championship game that often? Its not like UM will be down forever. I don't care who we play or when we play them as long as we win or make it competitive. Also, welcome to the board.

This should prob. be in the conference expansion section of the board. They are already discussing the UM/OSU split. The difference between the Oklahoma situation you threw out is we don't play Oklahoma EVERY year like UM/OSU would. We play Oklahoma every two years. And how do you know they will not play in the championship game that often? Its not like UM will be down forever. I don't care who we play or when we play them as long as we win or make it competitive. Also, welcome to the board.

We did play Oklahoma every year when we were members of the Big 8, before the Big XII was formed and then the rivalry died. I think his point is that, the separation will kill or much likely lessen the rivalry as it did to OU/Neb.

Thanks. It takes a little while to get used to how this board works. Where is this expansion section?

Thanks. It takes a little while to get used to how this board works. Where is this expansion section?

Don't sweat it. One of the mods or admins will move or merge this into the correct board.

By the way, welcome to "da 'Board!"

EDIT: Click here to take you to the thread already discussing this

Well the rumor is going round the Michigan and Ohio State boards and I sent an e-mail to what is purportedly Dave Brandon's (Michigan AD) email address complaining about it and received this reply:

"Just wait until you see the facts…and the way the schedule will actually work. I believe you will better understand the choices being made…and the reasons behind them. And, I bet you will be very pleased.

"To assimilate Nebraska as a 12th team and to incorporate a conference championship game into our schedule, will require some sacrifices and compromises for everyone in the conference. We will all have to give up something we wish we didn’t have to give up! I will be surprised if you don’t understand why certain choices have been made once you see actual information. We will play OSU every year…. we will have a great match-up for the last game of the season. You just need to relax and wait for the facts to come out! It is going to be OK!!!!!

"Best wishes…and Go Blue!

"Dave"

What am I missing here? He said Michigan and OSU would play every year. What's the issue?