this is important

Apparently it has all been decided that Michigan and Ohio State are to be in separate divisions in order to allow the possibility of a meeting in a conference championship game in Indianapolis (wow!) once every ten years or so. And Penn State will be in the same division with Ohio State--great new natural rivalry that will really help Ohio State recruiting in Pennsylvania. This will also necessitate moving the game to sometime in October in order to avoid a possible back-to-back rematch. This is being leaked in order to diffuse outrage by all true football fans.

This is like putting Nebraska and Oklahoma in different divisions and ending a great football tradition. Wouldn't it be better if Michigan and Ohio State are in one division and Nebraska and Penn State in another and we each play our respective rivals in the last game of the season?

Well if not, then certainly it has to be Michigan and Nebraska in one division and Ohio State and Penn State in another with each playing our rival in the last game of the season. Are you guys satisfied playing Wisconsin or Iowa in your last game of the season? If we end up playing Sparty and you guys play Iowa or Wisconsin it will be a joke. They may be good right now but they are certainly not traditional powers in the same class as we (UM, UNL, OSU, PSU) are.

How do you guys feel about this outrage?

This should prob. be in the conference expansion section of the board. They are already discussing the UM/OSU split. The difference between the Oklahoma situation you threw out is we don't play Oklahoma EVERY year like UM/OSU would. We play Oklahoma every two years. And how do you know they will not play in the championship game that often? Its not like UM will be down forever. I don't care who we play or when we play them as long as we win or make it competitive. Also, welcome to the board.

We did play Oklahoma every year when we were members of the Big 8, before the Big XII was formed and then the rivalry died. I think his point is that, the separation will kill or much likely lessen the rivalry as it did to OU/Neb.

But regardless if they are in the same division or not they will still play every year

It seems they will go with a system where you have one cross division rival that you play every year

It won't go away it just won't be that last game of the season

Well the rumor is going round the Michigan and Ohio State boards and I sent an e-mail to what is purportedly Dave Brandon's (Michigan AD) email address complaining about it and received this reply:

"Just wait until you see the facts…and the way the schedule will actually work. I believe you will better understand the choices being made…and the reasons behind them. And, I bet you will be very pleased.

"To assimilate Nebraska as a 12th team and to incorporate a conference championship game into our schedule, will require some sacrifices and compromises for everyone in the conference. We will all have to give up something we wish we didn’t have to give up! I will be surprised if you don’t understand why certain choices have been made once you see actual information. We will play OSU every year…. we will have a great match-up for the last game of the season. You just need to relax and wait for the facts to come out! It is going to be OK!!!!!

"Best wishes…and Go Blue!

"Dave"

What am I missing here? He said Michigan and OSU would play every year. What's the issue?

There shouldn't even be one.

This is why people should never take a report confirmed by "anonymous sources" as face value until they hear it from the horse's mouth or a representative of said horse.

If any of you saw Tigerboard this last year, you'd see what I'm talking about. Every SHRED of information on expansion was shared over there, and many people took it for face value regardless of the source. It came to the point where they were so enveloped by each story they nearly went crazy.

Wait till something official is released before you take it 100% seriously.

I don't see a problem with it. Unlike us and OU, Michigan will have a protected crossover with OSU so it's not like their rivalry will end. It's not at the end of the season anymore but I think it still helps the rivalry since now they can meet in the championship game. If we had had a protected crossover with OU our rivalry would still be going strong.

Apparently it has all been decided that Michigan and Ohio State are to be in separate divisions in order to allow the possibility of a meeting in a conference championship game in Indianapolis (wow!) once every ten years or so. And Penn State will be in the same division with Ohio State--great new natural rivalry that will really help Ohio State recruiting in Pennsylvania. This will also necessitate moving the game to sometime in October in order to avoid a possible back-to-back rematch. This is being leaked in order to diffuse outrage by all true football fans.

This is like putting Nebraska and Oklahoma in different divisions and ending a great football tradition. Wouldn't it be better if Michigan and Ohio State are in one division and Nebraska and Penn State in another and we each play our respective rivals in the last game of the season?

Well if not, then certainly it has to be Michigan and Nebraska in one division and Ohio State and Penn State in another with each playing our rival in the last game of the season. Are you guys satisfied playing Wisconsin or Iowa in your last game of the season? If we end up playing Sparty and you guys play Iowa or Wisconsin it will be a joke. They may be good right now but they are certainly not traditional powers in the same class as we (UM, UNL, OSU, PSU) are.

How do you guys feel about this outrage?

I dont like it either (I want PSU in our division and I don't want Iowa as our thanksgiving game), but its not like the Mich v OSU game will not be played every year. Every source I have seen, from Anne Arbor to Columbus, says that that game will be a crossover game for Mich and OSU. Now they will move the game early in the season which sucks, but I can surely tell you that the B10 will not follow the B12's great mistake - OSU v Mich will happen every year.

Now as for a Nebraska standpoint, Id love Michigan to be in our division, but Id personally would rather have Penn State simply because we share more history and I personally believe for that game to have the best rivalry potential. I also definitely think all of Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan need to be in the same division as the Huskers, partly because of their trio of hatred can't be broken up, and also because these are the teams we have the most history with to begin with. Each team has expressed deep interest in sharing some sort of rivalry with us, and I would'nt want to be the one to deny them.

I wish the divisions would look like this....

Division A

Nebraska

Penn State

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Northwestern or Illinois

Division B

Ohio St.

Michigan

Michigan St.

Purdue

Indiana

and our crossover game with Michigan

but hey it doesn't look like it will be that way, I do hope if Penn State is not in our division that they would be our crossover game though.

Northwestern or Illinois

I wish the divisions would look like this....

Division A

Nebraska

Penn State

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Northwestern or Illinois

Division B

Ohio St.

Michigan

Michigan St.

Purdue

Indiana

and our crossover game with Michigan

but hey it doesn't look like it will be that way, I do hope if Penn State is not in our division that they would be our crossover game though.

Northwestern or Illinois

That would be perfect if Penn State were located somewhere between Illinois and Iowa

I don't see a problem with it. Unlike us and OU, Michigan will have a protected crossover with OSU so it's not like their rivalry will end. It's not at the end of the season anymore but I think it still helps the rivalry since now they can meet in the championship game. If we had had a protected crossover with OU our rivalry would still be going strong.

The 'problem' is explained by this guy: A Buckeye

The problem with this is you're talking to a fan base who had their best game of the year taken away entirely, not just moved to a different day. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here.

• Fire 1

The problem with this is you're talking to a fan base who had their best game of the year taken away entirely, not just moved to a different day. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here.

Exactly. So they move tOSU-MU game to a different week in the season. What’s the big deal?

Exactly. So they move tOSU-MU game to a different week in the season. What’s the big deal?

I dont know what the big deal is either. Their gonna play every year... maybe twice. So I dont understand why everybody has got their panties in a bunch.

Ive been hearing this type of scenario for a couple weeks now. Why is everybody getting worked about it now.