What If?

eoltmer

I hope we have options of "good, better, best" rather than the dismal choice of "bad, worse, and embarassing" that we had last year. Hopefully these guys have elevated each other through competition and we'll have multiple guys who can give us a much better performance than we saw last year.

I still wish Spano was in the race.

I don't think he had a serious shot of being a starter, but you never know. He would have been able to push these guys just a little bit more.

Lee has the most experience at running an offense very poorly.

Would you go to the doctor who has proven to be inept, yet he has a lot of experience? Me, I'd choose the less experienced guy if he shows promise.

Injuries and ineptitudes are two totally different things. It's unfair to judge Lee when the only healthy Lee we've ever seen is against two Sun Belt opponents.

What if Taylor Martinez starts? I'll cheer him and the rest of the team on. :dunno

My expectations will remain the same: win the games.

Agreed.

• Fire 1
I think people tend to read too much into the little things. This whole T-Mart "sitch" is very similar to the Cody Green for President deal last year

It's funny. I was thinking the same thing. But at least if Martinez doesn't work out, we will know what to expect next from the Taylor humpers.

I wonder how many Zac-Humpers we'll see if he has a great season

I think people tend to read too much into the little things. This whole T-Mart "sitch" is very similar to the Cody Green for President deal last year

It's funny. I was thinking the same thing. But at least if Martinez doesn't work out, we will know what to expect next from the Taylor humpers.

Carnes humpers?

Just thinking about this, and maybe TMart is making a strong push, but he isn't going to be named the starter. We might see all three qb's get some first string snaps against WKU.

After reading an article from HI.com, my curiosity got peaked with the thought of T-Mart being the starter. I.E. HI.com article For those of you that don't have an HI account there were three occasions that players were quoted with praise for T-Mart and his improvment especially after the Saturday scrimiage. Yeah I'm thinking normal info but then HI just had to add this little tidbit about a Supposed T-Mart tweet.

Players tweeting: There was an interesting tweet posted under the user handle TaylorMartinez3 on Tuesday that appeared to come from quarterback Taylor Martinez. The tweet said "Dreams Come True When You Work Hard And Pray! T-Magic." The tweet was pulled down off Twitter on Tuesday evening and head coach Bo Pelini said he knew nothing of it. "I don't know anything about that," Pelini said. "If people have time to follow Twitter or they are 'tweeting,' than they need to get a job."

I know I know don't read to much into this but I thought eh what the heck lets ask the board some questions. With the rumors flying about Martinez what will your reaction be if he really does start over Lee & Green? What will your expectaions be for Martinez for the first few games of the season?

If he is the starter, given what Bo has said, it would mean that he is the best player at the QB position.

My expectations for T-Mart would be the same as Lee: Play well, minimize mistakes and win games.

Absolutely agree. I dont care who starts as long as they are better than Lee was last year. They have to be. We cannot afford another offensive year like last year.

Exactly, for us to exceed expectations or even meet them we HAVE to have a better offense than last year.

I agree that the jury is still out on Lee due to injury. You are claiming, indirectly, that Lee will be much better as the QB without the injury. I do not know if that will be true, time will tell... I would imagine/hope that his passing will be improved, but much of what I saw from Lee last year that caused a great deal of frustration, was not directly related to him passing the football.

We'll see...

I agree that the jury is still out on Lee due to injury. You are claiming, indirectly, that Lee will be much better as the QB without the injury. I do not know if that will be true, time will tell... I would imagine/hope that his passing will be improved, but much of what I saw from Lee last year that caused a great deal of frustration, was not directly related to him passing the football.

We'll see...

I'm not saying Lee will be much better, I'm just saying we need to consider what this guy went through. If one athletic trainer considers it the "torn ACL of the arm", then it has to be something fairly serious.

All I know is that we can't count anybody at this point. But, I want to see what Lee is capable of against Washington before I pass any judgments on him.

Well, I would be like this ..

eating-crow.jpg

But really, I would hope people will stick with him through the rough mistakes he will make, and he will make quite a few of them. Let him mature, and let him be given the chance to be our QB the future.

Basically, just remember that the kid is a freshman and he is still really green as a passer. Let him play through some of those mistakes and learn from them, rather than calling for his head.