College Football Live 8/27/10

I was watching this today and they had Georgia Tech and talking about their offense. I miss that style of football. They had the 2001 texas tech game on today and the triple option is just so dear to all of our hearts growing up not only watching the huskers run it, but because most of the high schools ran it, we all played it as well. Its really to bad we dont run this offense today because the defenses of today are set up to stop the spread offenses. so much for the days of the "experts" saying that the power option game is out of date.

I was watching this today and they had Georgia Tech and talking about their offense. I miss that style of football. They had the 2001 texas tech game on today and the triple option is just so dear to all of our hearts growing up not only watching the huskers run it, but because most of the high schools ran it, we all played it as well. Its really to bad we dont run this offense today because the defenses of today are set up to stop the spread offenses. so much for the days of the "experts" saying that the power option game is out of date.

The power option game WAS out of date. The only reason it isn't is because people stopped running it, so defenses stopped taking time to learn how to defend it, so now suddenly it works because they aren't prepared for it.

The power option game WAS out of date. The only reason it isn't is because people stopped running it, so defenses stopped taking time to learn how to defend it, so now suddenly it works because they aren't prepared for it.

To an extent yes it was. Im not arguing that. GTech doesnt run straight power option. I just miss that part of it. I miss all aspects of that type of option game. the spread option i do not like. I guess im old school. I think if we didnt ever change our offense that we would be running some variation of that type of option today and i think nebraska would be very successful at it.

whatever offense you run and whatever a team plays defense to stop an offense, it comes down to Execution. GT executes their offense very well, therefore it difficult to stop.

We did not execute our offense very well last year, therefore we were easy to stop.

whatever offense you run and whatever a team plays defense to stop an offense, it comes down to Execution. GT executes their offense very well, therefore it difficult to stop.

We did not execute our offense very well last year, therefore we were easy to stop.

It comes down to your offensive line. Period. that 95 husker team wouldn't have been amazing without the superior lineman we had.

you can run any offense you want and it will work, as long as you have the offensive line in front of you to do so.

Uh oh, another option/power running game thread.

:snacks:chuckleshuffle

I don't really have anything to add, I just love our dancing emoticon.

chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

I don't know why, but that emoticon reminds me of this.

watching the 2001 Husker offense, IDK why we fired Solich, great coach.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

If you're not, take a look at the 2002 record to see what his offense did, or even the team in general. They got embarrassed multiple times in 2002. Blame it on offense, blame it on defense, blame it on whatever you want.

In my eyes, Solich wasn't a bad coach, he just wasn't the right coach. He relied too heavily on quarterbacks and in-state talent.

Plus, the guy coaches at Ohio now. If he was a good coach or if someone was really interested in him, he probably would have gotten another opportunity at a bigger school.