WR Anthony Denham

ADS

Jeez, NU's trend of recrruting big... this guy is HUGE... receivers continues.

How did this kid get on our radar? I haven't seen a Rivals/Scout article on us offering him lately, so I'm just curious why he's getting a profile now. Anyway, I don't care if he's JUCO... go out and GET THIS KID. He'd be another huge target on the outside, bigger than Henry, and hopefully he'd actually do something, unlike Henry. I feel bad for Will... he's just never worked his way onto the field. Props to him for sticking it out, though.

Double. Intentional.

I watched two minutes of this kid's film, and I realize it's JUCO, but all it was was huge TD grabs. For a guy his size, I'm amazed at the way he just floats behind the corners and safeties and reels in the good deep balls thrown his way. A guy that big, if you can put it over his outside shoulder with a good throw (over the corner) is almost undefendable. That grab he made on that backwards leaping grab was pretty sweet. I want this dude on our team.

Double. Intentional.

I watched two minutes of this kid's film, and I realize it's JUCO, but all it was was huge TD grabs. For a guy his size, I'm amazed at the way he just floats behind the corners and safeties and reels in the good deep balls thrown his way. A guy that big, if you can put it over his outside shoulder with a good throw (over the corner) is almost undefendable. That grab he made on that backwards leaping grab was pretty sweet. I want this dude on our team.

better get on it soon or he'll be heading to UDUB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

idk if we should recruit this kid. The video tells me they have him run a fly pattern most of the time. they let him try too out run the corner, and it he can't throw it high and let him go up and get it. Other wise he runs his routes well enough.

and has good hands.

He seems a little raw yet. and beings we will most likely only get him for two years, idk if it is worth the investment.

idk if we should recruit this kid. The video tells me they have him run a fly pattern most of the time. they let him try too out run the corner, and it he can't throw it high and let him go up and get it. Other wise he runs his routes well enough.

and has good hands.

He seems a little raw yet. and beings we will most likely only get him for two years, idk if it is worth the investment.

With our WR depth and seeing as how a true frosh might be our 3rd guy right now and SJB who hasn't played yet will prolly be the next guy when he's ready, I'd say we could use all the WR talent we can bring in. How can you pass on a guy 6'6" with the ability go to up and get the ball and get down the field so well?

:yeah There are more WR's that can run good routes and be posession receivers, but there are only a handful of WRs every year that can go down field and go up and get balls. That is something that is hard/impossible to teach. It's an instinctful thing.

However, if he can't block he won't be playing for us. I really feel that's the number one thing Bo and company look for in receivers. There are guys that sit the bench now that can catch the football and get open, but they don't play because they don't put forth the effort in blocking.

Kinnie was a man blocking on the outside against Washinton!! He was/is a big part of why we ran/run as well as we did/will.

i think the problem is lots of kids think WR= big time celebrity and many places it is true... our guys are more traditional i guess in the sense they asked to do more than dancing and being all kind of flash.... so many people i think pass on us... however those who work and work hard can be successful.... lets hope he comes for a visit atleast... 6'6 is nuts!!

i think the problem is lots of kids think WR= big time celebrity and many places it is true... our guys are more traditional i guess in the sense they asked to do more than dancing and being all kind of flash.... so many people i think pass on us... however those who work and work hard can be successful.... lets hope he comes for a visit atleast... 6'6 is nuts!!

Which is probably why a guy like Chris Brooks - who really did nothing in college can still sign with an NFL team. They know how to work. All drama aside, they play for the team. They understand the position, and the concept of a total receiver. Then again, that might not always translate to the next level - where frew receivers really block, or finishes their routes anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...