SUH

There is a huge difference between the hit on McCoy and hit on Delhomme. He had McCoy by the body and threw him down, this hit was more arms around his head and neck and threw him down. Something like that is uncalled for and it would have been a different outcome with the NFL is Suh had injured his neck by doing something like that. I know being doubleteamed is frustrating, but you don't want to seriously injury someone because of it. I agree that the Baylor call was wrong, because Suh tackled the QB's body, not his head.

I'm very surprised that Delhomme's neck didn't snap from that.

Didn't he have a horsecalling call against Mizzou? Is the horsecalling against grabbing the jersey or the pads from behind, or is it just any part at all?

As far as the horse collar is concerned, the rule is you are not allowed to stick your hand into the pads behind the neck of the player and pull them to the ground. Suh's was not a horsecollar and he only grabbed the jersey on the back of Gabbert. However, due to the angle the ref was at (and even watching it in live action) it almost appears that he did horse collar him. I understand why the ref made the call even though it was still the wrong one.

Second, I think a lot of this has to do with Suh's strength. As I pointed out earlier, the man pushed an Oklahoma linemen to the ground with one arm last year, and he also consistently beat double and even triple teams in order to make a play. He is a physical/athletic beast.

He was probably frustrated with his production so far, but I'm also sure he didn't mean to really get that violent about it. It just happened and I'm sure he's moved on from it.

Didn't he push the lineman into the quarterback and they both went down?

*tweet* personal foul, number 93 of the defense, Suh-like conduct, 15 yard penalty. per the rule, we will now begin the automatic 2 minute time-out to attempt to resuscitate the ball carrier.

Hahaha pretty good! Or pretty bad. Depends on the team.

There is a huge difference between the hit on McCoy and hit on Delhomme. He had McCoy by the body and threw him down, this hit was more arms around his head and neck and threw him down. Something like that is uncalled for and it would have been a different outcome with the NFL is Suh had injured his neck by doing something like that. I know being doubleteamed is frustrating, but you don't want to seriously injury someone because of it. I agree that the Baylor call was wrong, because Suh tackled the QB's body, not his head.

Didn't he have a horsecalling call against Mizzou? Is the horsecalling against grabbing the jersey or the pads from behind, or is it just any part at all?

As far as the horse collar is concerned, the rule is you are not allowed to stick your hand into the pads behind the neck of the player and pull them to the ground. Suh's was not a horsecollar and he only grabbed the jersey on the back of Gabbert. However, due to the angle the ref was at (and even watching it in live action) it almost appears that he did horse collar him. I understand why the ref made the call even though it was still the wrong one.

Second, I think a lot of this has to do with Suh's strength. As I pointed out earlier, the man pushed an Oklahoma linemen to the ground with one arm last year, and he also consistently beat double and even triple teams in order to make a play. He is a physical/athletic beast.

He was probably frustrated with his production so far, but I'm also sure he didn't mean to really get that violent about it. It just happened and I'm sure he's moved on from it.

From the video clip I always see it looks like just the linemen, but there could be another one I'm forgetting.

From the video clip I always see it looks like just the linemen, but there could be another one I'm forgetting.

Is this the one that you're talking about?

Is this the one that you're talking about?

That's it!

From the angles I've seen before, I couldn't see Landry taking the hit as well.

What a beast.

Just watched some First Take on ESPN this morning. Most of them are pegging it as something he shouldn't have done, but something that needed to be done for the Lions as a franchise. They were talking about how Suh doing this sent a message to the league: the Lions aren't going to take getting beat down anymore.

He'll probably get a fine, but he also has gotten the attention of quarterbacks. If they see this guy coming at them, I bet more than one of them will just willingly fall to the floor.