I am glad we lost to Texas last year.

I hope we get screwed out of every game this year so we can go into the Big 10 ready to annihilate everything in our path.

Makes as much sense as the OP. In other words, none.

I really wish you knew how to read and understand instead of being an idiot.

i get it. it is like when we lost to fsu in '94. or when saban lost to fla in the sec championship in 2008. it is the spark the lights the fire.

I get your point and I think it will be good motivation for us this year but I'd much rather we won the game.

Let me make one thing clear. I think a W is always better than a L BUT if we were going to lose a game, this one actually helped us in the long run i think...

I understand those who think.... I want to win all games, but if we have to lose, this was a game to lose because it gave us the motivation for this year(or so I think)

Bo gets the guys fired up so i know he didnt need this..

I understand the point, but we really wont know if that loss povaulted us to the next level or not until this season is over. If we play like a house of fire this year, i think it would be reasonable to point back at that loss. However if we tank we could easily point back to that game as taking the life out of us. I think the odds that it helped this team learn how to finish are better than the latter.

I understand the point, but we really wont know if that loss povaulted us to the next level or not until this season is over. If we play like a house of fire this year, i think it would be reasonable to point back at that loss. However if we tank we could easily point back to that game as taking the life out of us. I think the odds that it helped this team learn how to finish are better than the latter.

I agree, you make a good point.

No one except each individual player will know how the loss affected them and how they will play in the future.

We've lost enough close games to Texas. We needed a win a lot more to prove to everyone, including the players themselves, that we could win a game like that. Confidence is at least as important as motivation. At some point you may believe you are snakebit, like Sooner magic used to get us every year.

I agree, but i think the idea we outplayed them and got screwed almost works tenfold for motivation. "whole world against us"

but i get what you're saying.