Until Washington we won't know a thing

Billyball

Wow I am sorry I even responded.

You're right, Washington is totally the pac-10 power house we really need to be tested against.

Billy Ball:

"When we faced a real defense we sucked"

"Well we lost the game you seem to think we should have been proud to put points on the board"

Since you think you SEEM to know what I think, I think you SEEM to think we have to put up 50+ f'ing points against every team we play or our performance is considered SUCKY.

SUCKED shouldn't even describe our performance that day!

Proud to put MORE POINTS ON THE SCORE BOARD THAN THE OTHER TEAM DID(The point of football???) until the last minute when the DEFENSE blew the coverage! YES I WAS!!!!!!! VERY PROUD GBR!!!!!

Idaho's defense has been pretty poor the last few years, and Washington has been in the PAC-10, where I'm not sure they even play defense anymore. I don't think we'll learn much about our offense until we play KSU or Texas. We will see how Martinez handles the elements a loud stadium brings to the table when we go to Seattle though, and that'll be worthwhile...

That said, I think we'll learn more about our defense each week. Idaho's offense has been solid for several years, they have one of the best NFL QB prospects in the country. Obviously we'll learn even more about our defense at Washington. It's practically a Godsend to play Kansas State the week before Texas, as no other team in the conference could offer a better opportunity to prepare for Texas' supposed running game.

I predicted this at the beginning of the season, and I hold to it still: The Idaho game is going to be closer in score than the Washington game. They have a very potent passing attack and kept North Dakota off the board last week. (Yes, I know it's North Dakota, but still, a shutout is impressive.) The Huskers better not be overlooking this game. And we actually will know some more things about the team next week, in addition to the Washington game the week following. I'm saying Nebraska struggles, especially at the beginning, but holds off Idaho in the end. Neb 24 Ida 13

I predicted this at the beginning of the season, and I hold to it still: The Idaho game is going to be closer in score than the Washington game. They have a very potent passing attack and kept North Dakota off the board last week. (Yes, I know it's North Dakota, but still, a shutout is impressive.) The Huskers better not be overlooking this game. And we actually will know some more things about the team next week, in addition to the Washington game the week following. I'm saying Nebraska struggles, especially at the beginning, but holds off Idaho in the end. Neb 24 Ida 13

Wow.....good for you with your bold statement SaturnDrew.

I gotta say I think Tmart runs wild on them and no way they're ready to deal with that. But I've been wrong before. Many times. :angry: Heh.....we'll see!

Idaho finished #20th in the nation in total offense. They have a QB that is on multiple QB Awards watch list. I guarantee we will know more about our defense than any other week. For our defense to stop this Idaho team they will need to shore up holes in multiple areas. Our D-Line will be tested. Our secondary will be tested thoroughly. This game will be closer than every thinks in my opinion.

Idaho finished #20th in the nation in total offense. They have a QB that is on multiple QB Awards watch list. I guarantee we will know more about our defense than any other week. For our defense to stop this Idaho team they will need to shore up holes in multiple areas. Our D-Line will be tested. Our secondary will be tested thoroughly. This game will be closer than every thinks in my opinion.

Yeah I agree we will learn a fair amount from this Idaho game. I wish we had recruited their QB since he is from North Platte :facepalm:

Yeah I agree we will learn a fair amount from this Idaho game. I wish we had recruited their QB since he is from North Platte :facepalm:

we went after him pretty hard after we lost freeman, but he remained solid on his commit to idaho

after the idaho game we will know a lot better where we are...it ain't perfect but they are a decent team

About all we learned is that Bo & Wats want a balanced offense and our defense has some issues to fix. It's easy to run and pass against a team that is defintely hurting at this point (as can be seen by their 20 straight losses). But they will win this year, they have heart.

We'll learn a little more next week. More on defense than offense. We'll learn a little more the week after that. How much, I don't know yet. Really, we won't know much until the preseason is over and get into conference play.

I'm tired of all the hype at this point. Yes, after our Sunbelt conference championship last year, we all thought we were world beaters. Our defense was, our offense wasn't. That has absolutely no bearing on this year. We will learn a little more with each opponent we face. That's pretty much the way it works every year.