Our Defensive Ends need to step up!

And this week will be week 2...really, there's no reason to be excited about dominant early season performances or more sluggish ones. A lot changes over the course of the year. It's how we are playing as we ramp into conference play, and how we finish a season, that is really important.

The biggest run of the night went right between the tackles. Our linebackers played up too close to the line and so did our safeties on that play.

Nobody was perfect that game but Allen looked pretty good at times. So did Crick, Steinkuhler, and Meredith. They also had their bad moments.

Bottom line is the defense just needs to get lined up better and communicate better.

I wasn't impressed with our ends on Saturday. A lot of big run plays went right passed the ends, our ends looked slow, and our ends didn't get much pressure on the quarterback. I'm hoping for a big improvement.

I'm sure you know who our DEs are, but it's funny that you didn't mention anyone specifically. It looks like you don't even know their names.