What in the Hell is Their Problem

you will have to figure out a way to slow down Denard Robinson. He has 855 total yards passing and rushing. its like a video game only in real life.

Considering he is the ONLY SOURCE for your offense, I'll give him kudos for his production so far; however, this could be 2009 redux. Remember how much of a saviour Tate was at the beginning of last year.

Anyway... by the time THE GAME comes around, we'll have to see if Denard is 1) not injured, 2) how many more players transfer, 3) see how your boys perform when they meet a team with a pulse on offense AND defense, and 4) if RichRod does not have you guys on NCAA probation.

fify

Maybe the Hawkeye fan should look at it through the eyes of a Boise State or Utah fan. All they did was win. They won every game, and they won their BCS bowl games. However, they never got invited to the big dance. Take Nebraska for instance. It's possible that Texas is the only ranked opponent we face this year. Should this keep us out of the big dance because we didn't play a tougher schedule?

Maybe the Hawkeye fan should look at it through the eyes of a Boise State or Utah fan. All they did was win. They won every game, and they won their BCS bowl games. However, they never got invited to the big dance. Take Nebraska for instance. It's possible that Texas is the only ranked opponent we face this year. Should this keep us out of the big dance because we didn't play a tougher schedule?

Even if that is the only ranked team NU plays this year it is still a far tougher schedule than what Boise plays, I am not trying to beat up on them either, its just a weak slate. However, I imagine that NU will also be playing Oklahoma in the title game.

I'm sure you guys are psyched about that idea. Oklahoma in the title game to end the Big 12; BCS Championship game against tOSU to open Big Ten play!

I sorta agree with what the guy had to say. What does the championship game even mean if a Boise State, TCU or Big East team could potentially go while 1 loss teams who played a much harder schedule are eliminated? That's not an argument for playoffs either. I really believe that once we get going in the Big 10 we're going to love the conference competition more than the possibility of being national champions with a less competitive schedule. That's what college football should be, highly competitive games every week and real prestige being conference champions.

i have always hoped for that scenario. it should be about winning your conference and then hoping for a chance to play in the mnc. it should not be about using your conference as a vehicle to the mnc, like OU and TU use the big 12, hoping it is good enough to get a high enough SOS, but easy enough to breeze through with one or two challenges.

You are comparing apples vs oranges though. How many National championships does Iowa have? How many does Texas and Oklahoma have? When you are used to winning national championships winning your conference no longer is the goal. I would hate to believe that most Cornhusker fans would be happy just to win the Big 12 or Big 10 and never a national championship.

Perfect example...

If we win the 2001 Rose Bowl National Championship Game, without winning the conference, would any Husker fan think it was any less of an accomplishment?

Nope, because the ultimate goal for any program worth a dam is to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. It is the champion of all conferences, not just the one your school is aligned with.

I am amazed any group of losers could talk themselves into this argument and I would shudder to think Nebraska would ever come to that conclusion.

I STILL have yet to see a good explanation for how you can be a logical inclusion in the National Championship game when you weren't even the best team in your conference that year. In most normal circumstances goal number 1 is win your conference because without being the best in your conference you can't hope to be the best in the country. Once you have proven yourself best in your conference in a given year, then you might or might not get to worry about proving yourself best in the nation. Winning your conference is in your control. Being National Champion is rarely actually settled on the field and is as much a game of politics as it is a true indication of best in the nation. Always in the past Nebraska has been on the positive end of the political game (playing for best in the nation when you weren't even best in your conference) but if Nebraska ends up undefeated at the end of the year and is still not playing in the championship game due to political considerations I will be curious to see if that causes an attitude shift.

I tell you what, if Nevada or Fresno State, or Hawaii or Utah State has a chance to upset Boise State, then i will shut up about Boise State being in a soft conference. Iowa State beat us last because of our mistake, Missoruri and Kansas are always a good team to play, occasionally Colorado. Now who in the WAC has a chance like that to beat Boise State? No one, thats why they are leaving the WAC and hopefully will have better opponents to play, truthfully i would stack their nonconference schedule with ranked opponents to offset their weaker conference.

But who knows, now that Nevada is ranked, maybe they have a chance to beat Boise State, ruin their National Championship dream, and shut a lot of us up about their conference being weak.

Either that or i can settle seeing a Boise State play Alabama and seeing a score of Alabama 65 - Boise State 3 in the National Championship and seeing a bunch of blue faced fans crying blue tears.

I tell you what, if Nevada or Fresno State, or Hawaii or Utah State has a chance to upset Boise State, then i will shut up about Boise State being in a soft conference. Iowa State beat us last because of our mistake, Missoruri and Kansas are always a good team to play, occasionally Colorado. Now who in the WAC has a chance like that to beat Boise State? No one, thats why they are leaving the WAC and hopefully will have better opponents to play, truthfully i would stack their nonconference schedule with ranked opponents to offset their weaker conference.

But who knows, now that Nevada is ranked, maybe they have a chance to beat Boise State, ruin their National Championship dream, and shut a lot of us up about their conference being weak.

Either that or i can settle seeing a Boise State play Alabama and seeing a score of Alabama 65 - Boise State 3 in the National Championship and seeing a bunch of blue faced fans crying blue tears.

Boise St. is switching conferences cause the MWC is on the verge of becoming an AQ for BCS bowls but still hopefully now. They need to seriously take away the Big East automatic. That conference is crap since the ACC raided it.

Say how did that Utah vs Alabama game work out? Oh that's right Utah smacked them down. I don't know why everyone wants to underestimate Boise St? That's why they lose to them.

Boise St. is switching conferences cause the MWC is on the verge of becoming an AQ for BCS bowls but still hopefully now. They need to seriously take away the Big East automatic. That conference is crap since the ACC raided it.

Say how did that Utah vs Alabama game work out? Oh that's right Utah smacked them down. I don't know why everyone wants to underestimate Boise St? That's why they lose to them.

The MWC may have been close to becoming an AQ, but with BYU and Utah leaving I don't see BSU having the clout to make up for those two losses.

Boise St's nonconference schedule is VA Tech, OSU, Wyoming, and Toledo. They could give up some home games and do better than that.

They only have 6 home games. Are you saying they should have less home games than 6?

I bet no other WAC school has more than 6 home games. If you want a top 60 schedule playing in the WAC, yes you need less than 6 home games.

Boise St's nonconference schedule is VA Tech, OSU, Wyoming, and Toledo. They could give up some home games and do better than that.

They only have 6 home games. Are you saying they should have less home games than 6?

I bet no other WAC school has more than 6 home games. If you want a top 60 schedule playing in the WAC, yes you need less than 6 home games.

What's the bet? Fresno St, Nevada, Hawaii, and Louisiana Tech have 7 home games.