Who breaks out this week?

ADS

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the easy answer would be Martinez given his performance against WKU but really these next 3 or 4 games are going to be huge. Does he take a step back? Do they pass with him more and...how does that end up going? Does he start missing receivers or even worse throwing some picks? I know he can run but can he be a complete quarterback? I know he is still a redshirt Freshman trying to get a grasp of it all as a starter.

I think it will take more than 3 or 4 games to know if he is a 'complete' quarterback but these next few games should be real interesting to watch. Texas is about 2 months away...

I don't know about the DEs. After watching last Saturday's game I'm beginning to think Bo doesn't want his Ends to rush upfield at all. They're just there to contain the pocket while the DTs do all the heavy lifting with sacks and run stoppage, unless the run goes around the outside and then they're OK to get involved.

Turner and Allen were capable of much more upfield attacking than they did last year, and so is Meredith and Ankrah this year on the flipside of Allen. Despite that, we see the DEs dancing around with these Tackles all the time, not disengaging, holding their position. I saw this every single game last year, and even though we found out later that Allen was all banged up, I never heard that Turner was as well, yet here we are the next season watching the same thing happen (even if it is just one game).

Time and time again last year Bo and/or Carl made the point that Suh's outstanding year was all the more amazing considering the fact that the role of the DT in Bo's defense wasn't to be an attacker, it was to contain the middle of the field and stop the run. But time and time again we saw the DEs holding the line while Suh (or Crick) bull-rushed the QB.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't think so. I think we're being hornswoggled.

I don't know about the DEs. After watching last Saturday's game I'm beginning to think Bo doesn't want his Ends to rush upfield at all. They're just there to contain the pocket while the DTs do all the heavy lifting with sacks and run stoppage, unless the run goes around the outside and then they're OK to get involved.

Turner and Allen were capable of much more upfield attacking than they did last year, and so is Meredith and Ankrah this year on the flipside of Allen. Despite that, we see the DEs dancing around with these Tackles all the time, not disengaging, holding their position. I saw this every single game last year, and even though we found out later that Allen was all banged up, I never heard that Turner was as well, yet here we are the next season watching the same thing happen (even if it is just one game).

Time and time again last year Bo and/or Carl made the point that Suh's outstanding year was all the more amazing considering the fact that the role of the DT in Bo's defense wasn't to be an attacker, it was to contain the middle of the field and stop the run. But time and time again we saw the DEs holding the line while Suh (or Crick) bull-rushed the QB.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't think so. I think we're being hornswoggled.

I've been hoping we might get back to more conventional outside pass rush this year with the end talent we have, and loss of Suh. I think we might be experiencing FAU and ASU again in not seeing anything flashy out of the D until Udub. Either way I think the pressure will be better, our speed and athleticism on the line should be deadly to Idaho's Oline

I've been hoping we might get back to more conventional outside pass rush this year with the end talent we have, and loss of Suh. I think we might be experiencing FAU and ASU again in not seeing anything flashy out of the D until Udub. Either way I think the pressure will be better, our speed and athleticism on the line should be deadly to Idaho's Oline

Yeah, there's a lot of truth to that. You don't recruit a guy like The Stache or a guy like Ankrah who have the speed to blow around the end and put the hurt on a QB, then ask them to waltz with linemen all year.

There's nothing more exciting to me than watching our right DE rip past the LT and light up the QB. One of my favorite things of all time, really. Here's hoping we get to see that again soon.

Yeah, there's a lot of truth to that. You don't recruit a guy like The Stache or a guy like Ankrah who have the speed to blow around the end and put the hurt on a QB, then ask them to waltz with linemen all year.

There's nothing more exciting to me than watching our right DE rip past the LT and light up the QB. One of my favorite things of all time, really. Here's hoping we get to see that again soon.

:cheers

I'll never forget the 08 Baylor game when Pierre two stepped the tackle out of his shoes and body slammed RG3 like a rag doll. That hit he laid on Foles in the Holiday bowl was pretty sick too :horns2

The entire D-line had better go crazy this game. The O-line for Idaho is completely over matched. IIRC they are starting 4 new guys on the line this year. With our talent and experience on the line it shouldnt even be a contest.

That's the key word right there. There are lots of things that our D shouldn't allow. The question is whether we can turn that into "won't".

I voted Hagg. I was not wowed by the d line last week getting off of o linemen. There were a few bright moments but overall I think it was less than stellar. With that being said, I can see Hagg blitzing off the corner more often. Especially since Idaho likes to sling the ball around so qb pressure is going to be important. I recall once last week were he was a spit second late and got a good hit on the qb. So Hagg gets my vote if the play from the d line is similar to last week because I think he will be used to blitz more often.