Delusion OR Reality

BigRedNV

So I'm sitting here in my Husker shrine of old Husker SI covers and newspapers covered with T Frazier while watching the game last week. For the first time in many, many years I see the 'sKers actually going the distance. Help me out 'cuz I like what I'm seeing and think that travel to AZ in January might happen.

I think we have the potential to do big things this year, but it all depends on how we execute and how lucky we are with injuries. Even at full strength there are a few teams like Bama and tOSU that would be hard to top, but if we play well every week, lockdown on defense like we did last year, and have a serviceable offense in big games, we should do very well. The best teams don't always win the championship either, especially if other good teams get knocked out of contention with slip ups. My goal this year is a BCS bowl of any kind.

I think we have the potential to do big things this year, but it all depends on how we execute and how lucky we are with injuries. Even at full strength there are a few teams like Bama and tOSU that would be hard to top, but if we play well every week, lockdown on defense like we did last year, and have a serviceable offense in big games, we should do very well. The best teams don't always win the championship either, especially if other good teams get knocked out of contention with slip ups. My goal this year is a BCS bowl of any kind.

I agree. Our ranking gives us a shot cause we're already in the mix, if our D can come through again and our O holds up their end of the bargain there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the conversation at the end.

Very good post with a realistic goal.

But I'm slamming down the kool-aid and I see our offense being devastating to opponents this year. We're in the hunt!

But I'm slamming down the kool-aid and I see our offense being devastating to opponents this year. We're in the hunt!

Yes, very realistic. But I'm chugging that Kool-aid too and thinking about how NU can go all the way this year. With as rough a schedules as we have coming up in the very near future, now's as good a time as any!

Yes, very realistic. But I'm chugging that Kool-aid too and thinking about how NU can go all the way this year. With as rough a schedules as we have coming up in the very near future, now's as good a time as any!

I agree it is a realistic goal. But, we have a LOT to prove as well in the next few weeks to see if we are really able. As far as our schedule in the next coming years, Yes they will be tough but I also look at it as the Big Ten teams play that schedule now, so we better be ready for it. Go Big Red!!