Never Show More than you have to . . .

Now I know everyone is freaking out about the lack of offense last night. I was there, as many of you were, and I will say that at times it was tough not to whine about things. However, I think I am going to give Norvell and Callahan a bit of credit from a different angle. After about the 10th delay draw um the middle, I realized that we were really only running variations of about three plays against Maine. Now everyone knows that Taylor and guys like Ross and and good portion of the line knows more plays than that. I guess my point is that maybe Cally wanted to keep it simple on offense and not bust out anything good in the first game. I refuse to completely blame the lackluster rushing totals on the O-line. There is only so many times you can run dives and draws out of a one back set before it gets shut down. Maybe Cally wanted it that way. Hold out hope for more preplanned creativity agianst Wake. Any thoughts?

Last night after the game and talking on the board I said something like that too. After sleeping on it I dont think NU was sandbagging. Hopefully, the O line and ZT know more of the offense than they showed. Maybe not. A lot of new faces still learning the system make for a limited playbook.

GBR

Now I know everyone is freaking out about the lack of offense last night. I was there, as many of you were, and I will say that at times it was tough not to whine about things. However, I think I am going to give Norvell and Callahan a bit of credit from a different angle. After about the 10th delay draw um the middle, I realized that we were really only running variations of about three plays against Maine. Now everyone knows that Taylor and guys like Ross and and good portion of the line knows more plays than that. I guess my point is that maybe Cally wanted to keep it simple on offense and not bust out anything good in the first game. I refuse to completely blame the lackluster rushing totals on the O-line. There is only so many times you can run dives and draws out of a one back set before it gets shut down. Maybe Cally wanted it that way. Hold out hope for more preplanned creativity agianst Wake. Any thoughts?

If he did that he's retarded. Maine was our chance to get a bunch of young guys playing time like lucky,ganz,beck,etc, instead we had to play our starters the whole game and got guys banged up and hurt like bowman etc. stupid if he did that. I don't think he did. I think he is poor at play calling.

Maybe he kept the offense vanilla because he thought NU would blow out Maine even with that type of offense, keeping many plays secret.

Guess he was wrong.

Lets hope he kept the offense out or we are in trouble. If he did and we got a win, albeit not very pretty. If that was the full look for NU then it will be a long season. Might as well start getting excited about the new 06 recruits.