last time NU lost to FCS team

shabizzle

Never happened.

Michigan and VT are the only FBS teams to lose to teams that were in the FCS at the time of the game.

Thats not true. VT and Michigan are the only schools that were ranked at the time and lost to an FCS school. Just this year, Kansas lost to one, so did Ole Miss.

Yeah, it's happened twice to Minnesota just in the last few years.

***INSERT COMMENT ABOUT DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR HERE***

Here's a list of all the times that Nebraska has lost to teams that are not currently part of FBS. Usually, this is because they no longer exist. As far as I can tell, we haven't lost to a team that wasn't fairly "major" at the time of the game since at least the 1890's; those two KC Medics games are suspect. (Note: Can't guarantee that this list is perfect)

1942: Iowa Pre-Flight School (Stud coaches and players on this team, finished #2 in AP Poll)

1925: Drake (A fairly big program at the time; distinctions include the first college to have lights installed on the football field and thus the first night game, and apparently they were the first team to win multiple games in a day)

1918: Wash U of St. Louis and Camp Dodge (another pretty feisty wartime team)

1909: Haskell (Known at the time as the "Powerhouse of the West")

1908: Carlisle (a top program coached by Pop Warner, starring Jim Thorpe)

1907: St. Louis University

1904: Haskell

1899: Rough year: Grinnell, U of South Dakota, KC Medics

1898: KC Medics and Drake

1896: Butte AC

1895: Grinnell, Butte AC

1894: Doane

1892: Denver AC in 1892

1891: Doane (played them three times that year, we won two of three)

• Fire 1

I'm still pissed about that first loss to KC Medics. Damn refs.

Me to man!!!!!!!!! The refs kept calling our forward incomplete passes fumbles :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: . They mustve been Pac-10 refs or that Steve guy that was refing alot of our game in the '06 season.

I think it was '04 or something close to that..... we barely beat Maine 15-7 thats the closest to losing to a I-AA opponent I can think of.