Jake Locker as fast as Martinez

mnhusker

I’m not an expert on the Washington QB’s but my thoughts are they will be shocked by Martinez speed if they think Locker is a good base line. It seemed odd that this was stated so matter of factly.

Quote from article:

Nebraska's Taylor Martinez, several Washington defenders said Monday, may be the fastest quarterback they've ever faced.

Except, of course, for the guy they see every day, Jake Locker. Or maybe backup Keith Price, also a good runner (I read this twice as I thought they we kidding)

Link

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2012889438_uwfb14.html?syndication=rss[/url]

Proof:

Sorry, but he just looks like a slightly faster version of Cody Green when he runs. He runs hard and mostly in a straight line. Martinez is a much different type of runner as you will soon find out.

Watch the second TD run by TMart. I know it is WKU, but I can't see Jake Locker pulling any of those slashing type moves.

I bet the scout team this week was mostly QB'd by a RB.

At this time, Jake Locker is simply a much better QB than Taylor Martinez, as well as being a tremendous freak athlete with supposed 4.4 speed (40 times only mean so much, anyway).

That doesn't mean he'll win the game, but let's deal with reality here...Martinez executes a beautiful ball fake and runs the ball pretty well. Let's not act like that is the end all, be all to quarterbacking. He has a long way to go, but certainly some potential.

Proof:

That hardly proves anything. Get me a video of them racing and then we'll talk.

I personally don't think you can compare the two since they have two different styles of running, but according to Scout.com, you're wrong.

Jake Locker- 4.6 sec

Taylor Martinez- 4.5 sec

Saturday is a coming out party for Mr. Taylor Martinez. He will have a 65% share of the national TV audience and will be able to show his skills. This is going to be epic. I hope it isn't a wet surface and he can show how fast he really is. 12:30 pm PST and the nation will be watching. I am putting my money on Taylor.

Guys on ESPN are saying the natives in Seattle are restless since Jake was 4 of 10 in the fourth quarter against BYU and couldn't overcome a 7 point deficit.

Proof:

I personally don't think you can compare the two since they have two different styles of running, but according to Scout.com, you're wrong.

Jake Locker- 4.6 sec

Taylor Martinez- 4.5 sec

Locker is definitely Cody Green ver. 1.9

Martinez is Crouch ver .95 beta

And sorry, Locker is not nearly as fast or elusive as Martinez.. Just from watching the film anyone can tell that. Locker is a more powerful runner and a way better passer though-- not to take anything away from a great QB.

Proof:

Jake Locker- 4.6 sec

Taylor Martinez- 4.5 sec

Locker is definitely Cody Green ver. 1.9

Martinez is Crouch ver .95 beta

And sorry, Locker is not nearly as fast or elusive as Martinez.. Just from watching the film anyone can tell that. Locker is a more powerful runner and a way better passer though-- not to take anything away from a great QB.

locker seems to be more like a halfback...good power

Thanks for all the posts I like the feed back because I thought it was an interesting and it made me curious about what others would have to offer. I have a good deal of respect for Locker as a QB it was the speed thing I wondered about.

Thanks and as they say ..... "Thats why we play the game"

GBR

At this time, Jake Locker is simply a much better QB than Taylor Martinez, as well as being a tremendous freak athlete with supposed 4.4 speed (40 times only mean so much, anyway).

That doesn't mean he'll win the game, but let's deal with reality here...Martinez executes a beautiful ball fake and runs the ball pretty well. Let's not act like that is the end all, be all to quarterbacking. He has a long way to go, but certainly some potential.

Tmart only "runs the ball pretty well"? Geesh zoogies, I know you'll never be happy until they bench him for Lee but c'mon....he's leading the nation in 13.5 ypc with five TDs. Lee couldn't run that quick if you shoved him out of an airplane.

But I'm glad you see he has "some potential". Lastly, it's debatable how much better a cfb (not NFL) qb Locker really is. We'll have a good idea very soon.

Tmart only "runs the ball pretty well"? Geesh zoogies, I know you'll never be happy until they bench him for Lee but c'mon....he's leading the nation in 13.5 ypc with five TDs. Lee couldn't run that quick if you shoved him out of an airplane.

But I'm glad you see he has "some potential". Lastly, it's debatable how much better a cfb (not NFL) qb Locker really is. We'll have a good idea very soon.

Where's he on passing, bshirt?

I'm being realistic, is all. Some are looking at two creampuff games and proclaiming him to be our savior. You of all people should know better. You really think he'll hold down 13.5 ypc throughout the year? If I had to guess, he would be doing well to hold onto half of that by the end of the year.

Locker is widely regarded as one of the premier quarterbacks in college football. He hasn't put up the production to match the hype, but neither has Taylor. Locker is simply pretty far ahead of Taylor right now, and I don't think that's a debatable point. Will Taylor end up better than him? Conceivable, but that would be a big projection at this point. What do you want me to do? Bow down and proclaim Taylor the most amazing runner that's walked the earth, with an infinite realm of potential? He's done well so far, but I mean, hoooooooooold those horses.