**Official Washington Game Discussion Thread**

Coaches should have never put Green in that situation. Martinez needs to hand the ball off more in the zone read as well. Helu and Burkhead have both looked great along with the line for the most part. The D-Line needs to NUT-UP!! This has been crazy the way they have pushed the front four around on the run plays, that and the linebackers being out of position. :throwdabones1:

This game is going almost exactly like I thought it would. We are too strong up front for Washington's D Line. They are keying on Martinez, leaving Helu/Burkhead with opportunities. Martinez has been serviceable throwing the ball.

On the defense, we are playing that containment stuff again like we did against Tyrod Taylor, and it's allowing UW to run on us. That long TD drive by Washington was not pretty, but if that's what it takes for them to score on us, I'm OK with that. They won't be able to keep up with us with long, long drives like that.

Locker has looked like Foles 2.0. Not much to write home about. That first pass he threw was a joke - never should have thrown it. He's fast enough when he gets to the outside, but he's not a brave runner. He looks a little afraid of our D Linemen. That's good.

Let's take this opening kickoff and shove it right down their throats. We score here and I'm a very happy knapplc.

good points and i hope your last point comes true. if so, they will panic, start throwing more, and play right into our strength.

Why are peopke dumbfounded by the Green decision.

T.O. Did it with his teams.. They said they were going to do this all week..

Green had a set of 15 plays practiced with the first team. He made a personal mistake and coughed the ball up.

I'm impressed that the kid ran with heart and stayed up.

If nothing else it's a great teaching moment.

It's not as though we won't need our backups at some point. Some of you couch coaches are so quick to throw people under the bus.

When you're a QB, you have to be smart. Trying to carry 11 people on your back is dumb.

Unless your name is Tommie Frazier

Exactly. People conveniently ignore that on his 75 yard TD run against Florida, he VERY nearly fumbled the ball. It's a fine line between greatness and stupid.

I hope the coaching staff realizes that in tough road games, throwing in a back up QB on our OWN 20 yard line is not a smart choice. I think they will not do that again. Green did the same thing last week too. Came off the bench and the first play...fumble.

I liked the call! It just had a bad outcome in this instance. Your tune would be different if he drove the ball down the field.

you mean this isn't justifcation to form a mob and rush watson's house? Guess I'll put my torch and pitchfok away.

Why is it that everyone who questions a call should either shut up or wouldn't be complaining had it worked out? I would've complained had green taken it to the house. It's a strange call.

Here's the key. You put the current game away first. Then worry about the future games. We needed that 21 point lead. Taylor was the best chance of scoring on that drive so he should've stayed in so we could finish THIS game. How many 2nd quarter snaps on the road against D1 schools did Brook Berringer get before he had to replace Frazier?

Saying 25,000 Husker fans in Seattle on 1110 right now.

So they are shaking the stadium with 104 db with 50,000 fans! Wow, thats impressive! We better shake the cameras with 86,000+ at the Texas game and no scalpers better sell tickets to Texas fans!

All that stadium shake has to do with how the stadium is built more than anything.

Why are peopke dumbfounded by the Green decision.

T.O. Did it with his teams.. They said they were going to do this all week..

Green had a set of 15 plays practiced with the first team. He made a personal mistake and coughed the ball up.

I'm impressed that the kid ran with heart and stayed up.

If nothing else it's a great teaching moment.

It's not as though we won't need our backups at some point. Some of you couch coaches are so quick to throw people under the bus.

When you're a QB, you have to be smart. Trying to carry 11 people on your back is dumb.

Unless your name is Tommie Frazier

Exactly. People conveniently ignore that on his 75 yard TD run against Florida, he VERY nearly fumbled the ball. It's a fine line between greatness and stupid.

Uh....that game was over.