Quick Analysis

Husker_x

Going to be occupado this evening so I'll do this quick.

Amazing win. Exactly what this team needed to do. Even giving up 21 points, breaking down how two of the touchdowns actually happened leaves you confidant going forward. Our offense simply ran them over. Four separate players had over 100 yards, including our top two running backs and T-Magic. The penalties were reduced, and two turnovers were from Green, who probably won't be seeing the field much in the near future.

Once again the Blackshirts took a Heisman campaign and stopped it in its tracks. Locker from the first snap looked rattled, confused, and pedestrian. Our line doesn't get nearly the surge we had with Suh, but somehow they get the job done anyway. Taking away Green's 5-yard TD gift, the blackshirts looked fine.

Is their room for improvement? Definitely. But going into conference play, I see no one on our schedule that scares me. Absolutely no one.

Amazing win. Exactly what this team needed to do. Even giving up 21 points, breaking down how two of the touchdowns actually happened leaves you confidant going forward. Our offense simply ran them over. Four separate players had over 100 yards, including our top two running backs and T-Magic. The penalties were reduced, and two turnovers were from Green, who probably won't be seeing the field much in the near future.

Once again the Blackshirts took a Heisman campaign and stopped it in its tracks. Locker from the first snap looked rattled, confused, and pedestrian. Our line doesn't get nearly the surge we had with Suh, but somehow they get the job done anyway. Taking away Green's 5-yard TD gift, the blackshirts looked fine.

Is their room for improvement? Definitely. But going into conference play, I see no one on our schedule that scares me. Absolutely no one.

I agree. Only complaints I have is like you said, our D-line isn't getting the pressure like we had last year. Second would be T-Mart needs to work on his passing. Far too many passes were thrown short

I agree. Only complaints I have is like you said, our D-line isn't getting the pressure like we had last year. Second would be T-Mart needs to work on his passing. Far too many passes were thrown short

The D-line might not be getting the same pressure, but I think our blitz packages were hovering around 100% effective today––that's comforting to know.

Kinnie and that offensive line .. :thumbs

Want to single out Ricky Henry since I gave him crap last week, but that dude was MAULING folks today. Played an incredible game. Wish he would bring it like that every week.

Also, props to Barney. I give him crap as well quite often, but he had his unit working today. Guy deserves major props for it!

Edited by BigWillie

Kinnie and that offensive line .. :thumbs

Want to single out Ricky Henry since I gave him crap last week, but that dude was MAULING folks today. Played an incredible game. Wish he would bring it like that every week.

Also, props to Barney. I give him crap as well quite often, but he had his unit working today. Guy deserves major props for it!

I was just about to mention that Ricky didn't get a single hold or false start this week.

Agreed.

Is there a better secondary in the nation? Locker got to go up against an NFL secondary today ... 4 for 20, including the blown play downfield, 2 ints. Now we know why he didn't go to the NFL last year. He can't handle good coverage.

That's still hard to say. Football is a team game and he had to go against our D with his Offense, and it's still a work in progress. You really can't tell what he'll do in the NFL from this game.

I would like to see him get to ride the bench a little before he's thrust into starting, though. Aaron Rodgers very much benefited from sitting behind Favre for a while.

Is there a better secondary in the nation? Locker got to go up against an NFL secondary today ... 4 for 20, including the blown play downfield, 2 ints. Now we know why he didn't go to the NFL last year. He can't handle good coverage.

That's still hard to say. Football is a team game and he had to go against our D with his Offense, and it's still a work in progress. You really can't tell what he'll do in the NFL from this game.

I would like to see him get to ride the bench a little before he's thrust into starting, though. Aaron Rodgers very much benefited from sitting behind Favre for a while.

I think his hopes of being a Heisman candidate were obviously killed today. I can't imagine him being taken before a slew of other fantastic proven quarterbacks.

I think his hopes of being a Heisman candidate were obviously killed today. I can't imagine him being taken before a slew of other fantastic proven quarterbacks.

Moore of Boise, and Mallet of Ark, i feel are picked before Locker