The Hurdles Ahead for the teams ahead of Nebraska

HuskerMoon

Here's my biggest fear. We repeat 1999 but in reverse order. I can see us beating Texas in the regular season, but then losing to them in the Big 12 Championship Game keeping us out of the running for the NC. The SEC isn't as strong this year as in years past. I really don't see anyone sneaking past Bama. I really don't see anyone sneaking past Ohio State either. Arizona made Iowa look foolish in the first half Saturday night. When was the last time TCU and Boise State lost a regular season game? I'm guessing at least one of them and more than likely both of them finish undefeated this year. Nebraska can play with anyone in the country. However, I don't know if we can beat the same top 10 team twice in a year.

I hope Boise loses to Oregon State, but I don't see it happening. They'll probably win out. TCU will have a test with Utah but will probably have a tougher game against Air Force. Even if both Boise and TCU win out, their strength of schedule could drag them out of the top 5.

Love your logo btw. I'm buying a shirt.

Oregon must get by Stanford and Oregon State, I think they are their only hurdles.

Nebraska (IF IF) it beats Oklahoma and Texas by some chance would jump Oregon.

Boise State has Oregon State and Nevada at Nevada and Air Force.

Ohio State should be undefeated, Bama I think loses a game. Do not know where, but they have three tough games in row. If they win out, my guess is we have no chance at MNC even if undefeated. Ohio State will have played what would be considered a stronger schedule is my guess. We need Wisconsin to lose.

Our only chance is if all lose a game and we win out. With the history of this team, never beating a top ten team in a small childs life time. I doubt our chances.

My hope is if we do not end up in a NCG, we get Boise or TCU. I do not want to see those guys play each other again. BCS saved it's ass last year.

#2 Ohio State: Toughest Competition ahead- @ Wisconsin, Penn State, @ Iowa, Michigab. Most likely number of losses. 2

Ohio State has won and won big. That being said they gave up a LOT of points to a scrappy Miami team. Vunerability on defense loses them some football games ahead.

14 points in the Miami game came from Special Teams. 10 points allowed by the defense in that game. Thus far, the Buckeye Silver Bullets are on pace for another stellar defensive year. They'll be Top 10 (if not Top 5) in most categories this year. The only vulnerability that I see is that we have two defensive backs that are down now, but one will be back. Defense is not the weakness of this team, Special Teams are at the moment. That could cost us a game, but I don't see any other aspect that would.

while i expect Alabama and OSU to trip up somewhere, the chances of them doing so are just as great as our chances of tripping up are. we definitely do not control our own destiny. there is a pretty good chance that 3 of these 4 go undefeated: Bama, OSU, Oregon, Nebraska. having a conference championship game helps our chances of jumping someone late, but as of now, we are ranked last out of all these teams

I'm in the "Conf. champ game gives us an edge over other undefeated teams camp" but we shall see how the season goes.

Iowa almost came back on Zona. Zona folds anytime they think they are good. Have never won the Pac10

SC has problems and it is not talent. I look for them to fold this year due to argueing inside the program. I do not see a team on a mission and I go to their games.

Oregon State/Oregon is a rivalry game. You never know what is going to happen with them. Riley sometimes has them up and next time Harvard would beat them.

I think they are all about even, but Stanford is a step above the rest.

The only way we jump Ohio State is if they lose. It just is not going to happen, no matter how impressive we look is my guess.

Bama really has no one that can beat them, they could beat them selves is my guess. Auburn is talking the talk, Florida has problems with in. Arkansas I just do not buy in, I do not feel they will beat Bama this weekend. My guess a major blow out for Bama. South Carolina is possible as the Game c$%ks seem to be on a mission. The old ball coach seems to be quite proud of his team this year.

Boise/TCU who knows with them. Some will vote them up no matter what and others will knock them down. They are both ahead of us and if they do not lose it is hard for them to drop.

My hope is that if we can not get there, that Boise or TCU get into the championship game. That will change this system and fast.

Exactly. Holy moly, Nebraska fans are supposed to be knowledgeable and able to put aside the rose colored glasses.

Also, to the people talking about NU running the table: yes Nebraska could/should be favored in every game. But this team has not proven that they are able to go a whole season without a slip up. They can't go a quarter against inferior teams without slip ups (penalties, blown assignments, blown communication, etc.) and the past two years have been prone to slip ups (TTech two years ago - I know they were underdogs but let's face it, they had that game won and let it go, ISU last year), until they prove they can live up to expectations, just being favored doesn't mean they'll win

What we did last year matters has little baring on this year.

We have a few different play makers that would've picked us up 3 games last year + A healthy Helu & Rex for the time being.. Don't forget our offensive woes were hamstrung even more by a beat up Helu and a sidelined Rex last season. Our Dbacks are improved from last year, spare maybe the line backer position. Our line is slightly less dominant than last year.

Yes our team doesn't play perfect and occasionally will give up a big play. However, we are far more consistent in gaining big plays and preventing them than every other team in the Big12. Winning football games is about execution and consistency. We've been pretty consistent on offense since our first game, and our defense has been lights out for the most part.

Only 3 times this season have teams legitimately scored on our team. The rest of the time our offense has fumbled the ball inside the 15 to set up the opponent for a score.

Gabbert isn't going to hang more passing yards on us than Locker. His best running back is kicked off the team. Mizzou is playing a lot of freshman and sophomores due to injuries. I just don't see them putting up points against our defense without a solid running game.

normally i would agree, the previous year's teams should not be compared to this year's, as they are completely different teams in a complete different season. the one exception is mentality. a mentality lives within the "culture" and i know husker fans believe culture carry overs from year to year. right now this team appears to lose focus once in awhile and that can easily carry over from year to year. that's all i'm saying. i really believe bo will not allow this to continue, but until he shows that he has taken care of it i will go into every game worried the 'skers may have a let down