2011 NFL Draft

EZ-E

I know times change, but it's extremely rare for a guy to leave Nebraska early. The only guys who left early that I can think of off the top of my head are Johnny Mitchell and Brandon Jackson. Anyone else?

Recently Lucky stayed, Suh stayed (and if Suh didn't go, why would Crick, Dennard, etc?) and Prince stayed. Leaving early isn't something I'm too worried about.

Josh bullocks left a year early, the year after his 10pics and was coached by Bo.

Okay. NU guys do leave early sometimes. Especially if they have a twin brother who they don't want to compete with in the draft.

And we bring in a new coach and DC who fundamentally rip apart what Bullocks knew was a sound defensive system. Bullocks is a good point, but his reasons for leaving would be vastly different than Dennard's or Crick's.

Derek Brown, Calvin Jones, LP, Ahman Green all left early. It is pretty common for good RB's to leave early.

I'd believe Riola, Fonoti and Fabian Washington left early.

The CBA may also play an important part of who stays and who goes early next year in the draft. The way I understand it, is that the draft will happen no matter what next year, however, if there is a lockout over the CBA, then there will be no football. If there is a pretty good chance of no football, then I imagine that most players will stay in school for another year. Also, the new CBA may also limit the amount of money that rookies get paid (really only affects the first rounders).

So that's ten guys so far who've left Nebraska prior to completing eligibility. That's still pretty rare.

Im not sure how rare that is, in all actuality. I mean, you have to be good to do it, and ten in that time period is more draft picks period than many schools have had in their history.

Would be interesting to see some numbers, but where the heck would you even look for something like that?