2011 NFL Draft

EZ-E

There is a ton of talent on this team. The defensive secondary is loaded. Dare I say this may be the BEST secondary NU has ever had? I dont know, but they have to be close.

My dad and I keep trying to figure out how much is the talent, how much is the scheme, and how much is the coaching. Is there a better secondary coach in the country? I doubt it.

I see helu getting a shot, along with keith williams. On D, peirre allen, Prince. Hagg and Gomes as late rounders.

Alex henery should get drafted but you never know with kickers. The verdict is out on Niles paul, i do think he could be an effective kick/punt return man in the nfl and maybe a 4th/5th receiver.

Yet its still early and there is a lot of football to be played and players to breakout/breakdown.

Prince is the top rated senior according to somewhere so I dont think he will go late. At worst I see him going second round

The only way I see Prince NOT going in the first round is if he retires from Football.

I have had a feeling for awhile that Crick and Dennard will stay right where they are after this season.

Who knows what will happen, but I would think that the NFL labor issues may discourage some players from leaving early. If (or "when", really, since it's going to happen) there's a lockout/strike in the spring, will there even be a draft? With the serious possibility of a canceled or shortened season in 2011, why not stick around in college for another year? Those paychecks and signing bonuses won't be showing up until a labor agreement is reached anyway...

I know times change, but it's extremely rare for a guy to leave Nebraska early. The only guys who left early that I can think of off the top of my head are Johnny Mitchell and Brandon Jackson. Anyone else?

Recently Lucky stayed, Suh stayed (and if Suh didn't go, why would Crick, Dennard, etc?) and Prince stayed. Leaving early isn't something I'm too worried about.

I have had a feeling for awhile that Crick and Dennard will stay right where they are after this season.

I hope you're right but I'd guess that Dennard is gone after this season. If he continues to play like he has he'll end up a first round pick.

Nobody knows for sure, probably not even Dennard himself at this point. But I’d be surprised if Dennard bails after this season. NU has good retention of seniors. Plus, Dennard is going to pile up some easy stats next year since he won’t be the new guy out on the edge.

I know times change, but it's extremely rare for a guy to leave Nebraska early. The only guys who left early that I can think of off the top of my head are Johnny Mitchell and Brandon Jackson. Anyone else?

Recently Lucky stayed, Suh stayed (and if Suh didn't go, why would Crick, Dennard, etc?) and Prince stayed. Leaving early isn't something I'm too worried about.

Josh bullocks left a year early, the year after his 10pics and was coached by Bo.

Josh bullocks left a year early, the year after his 10pics and was coached by Bo.

Okay. NU guys do leave early sometimes. Especially if they have a twin brother who they don't want to compete with in the draft.

Okay. NU guys do leave early sometimes. Especially if they have a twin brother who they don't want to compete with in the draft.

And we bring in a new coach and DC who fundamentally rip apart what Bullocks knew was a sound defensive system. Bullocks is a good point, but his reasons for leaving would be vastly different than Dennard's or Crick's.

And we bring in a new coach and DC who fundamentally rip apart what Bullocks knew was a sound defensive system. Bullocks is a good point, but his reasons for leaving would be vastly different than Dennard's or Crick's.

Derek Brown, Calvin Jones, LP, Ahman Green all left early. It is pretty common for good RB's to leave early.