2011 NFL Draft

EZ-E

I really think that on defense alone we will have no less than three taken considerably high in Prince, Gomes, and Hagg. I really don't see NFL teams not giving these three a chance.

There are plenty of others that can move up the board with good seasons, but I really think that these three are the ones with the best chances to go very high.

Thoughts?

If Jared Crick projects to Top 15 then I don't think we will be able to bring him back

Depends on how we end this season.

If we end up falling short in a MNC.. then he might possibly come back.. I'm sure the coaches would have Suh give him a talk given his similar circumstances.

Going from Top15 to Top 5 is a huge pay increase.

I see helu getting a shot, along with keith williams. On D, peirre allen, Prince. Hagg and Gomes as late rounders.

Alex henery should get drafted but you never know with kickers. The verdict is out on Niles paul, i do think he could be an effective kick/punt return man in the nfl and maybe a 4th/5th receiver.

Yet its still early and there is a lot of football to be played and players to breakout/breakdown.

If Niles had the mental focus he would've been like Michael Crabtree. Instead, he makes bonehead mistakes and doesn't give every play 100%.

He is by far the most explosive WR we've had in a long time. Given that he holds the school record for the 10 yard dash you would think he would put himself in position for more big plays.

I think only Amukamara and Gomes will be taken high (and Crick if he comes out). Hagg is a hybrid player that NFL coaches are too unimaginative to use. Helu and Allen will be taken in mid to late rounds. Keith Williams and Ricky Henry might be taken late.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but if he has potential to be on an NFL team he will get picked up. If not, then he won't, but I don't think it'll be by way of lack of imagination by NFL coaches...

And Gomes, I don't know how he's taken. I don't know if he's more valuable as a corner or a safety?

I think only Amukamara and Gomes will be taken high (and Crick if he comes out). Hagg is a hybrid player that NFL coaches are too unimaginative to use. Helu and Allen will be taken in mid to late rounds. Keith Williams and Ricky Henry might be taken late.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but if he has potential to be on an NFL team he will get picked up. If not, then he won't, but I don't think it'll be by way of lack of imagination by NFL coaches...

And Gomes, I don't know how he's taken. I don't know if he's more valuable as a corner or a safety?

I would say corner. IMO he could start at CB at any other school in the nation.

I see helu getting a shot, along with keith williams. On D, peirre allen, Prince. Hagg and Gomes as late rounders.

Alex henery should get drafted but you never know with kickers. The verdict is out on Niles paul, i do think he could be an effective kick/punt return man in the nfl and maybe a 4th/5th receiver.

Yet its still early and there is a lot of football to be played and players to breakout/breakdown.

Prince is the top rated senior according to somewhere so I dont think he will go late. At worst I see him going second round

I'm saying he's too small to be a LB and not quite good enough to be a CB, so he'll likely go as a safety because NFL teams all essentially run the same defenses and can't think outside the box enough to see the potential of a LB/CB hybrid. Because Hagg will likely go as a safety, I'm guessing he won't go until the late rounds because he's unproven. But your remark about drafting on potential is true, so it's hard to say what the team scouts will project for him.