Article: Alabama and Ohio State the only threats to Nebraska

BeatTexas

I am not knocking our team. I think it is great, and very proud of them so far.

I am amazed at how some seem to be buying into all the hype with out a real win under our belts.

I think we are most likely as good as we have looked, but it has to be done on the field.

Bo does not feel we are on the level of Ohio State or Bama, or we would have a vote in our talley is my guess.

We beat up Texas like we have the first three, then anything is possible, but we have problems with Texas every single year, one way or another. We are their bitches and have been for awhile. Get that off our backs and just maybe we will be what all seem to think we are.

• Fire 1

I think we have a few more speed bumps along the way other than just Alabama and Ohio State. Bill Snyder may not have the horses to compete with Nebraska, but he is a very good coach. KState could nip us if they catch us sleeping. Texas has the horses to beat us though they are inexperienced and we get them at home. While OU has looked somewhat dismal in a couple of their games, they did knock the snot out of Florida State. I don't think Texas Tech was a better team than we were last year, but they caught us napping. Even though two years ago Missouri may have been a better team than we were, they sure as heck weren't as much better as the scoreboard indicated. We just need to take every game one game at a time and be prepared both mentally and physically. We've come a long ways, but each of the last two years we've played a game or two where we just didn't play or look good. If we have one of those games against Texas, KState, or Missouri; it could be long day.

We've already shown a tendancy to put the ball on the turf. If we lose the ball like we did against Idaho, there's teams still left on the schedule that will beat us. I'm just hopeful that we don't have one of those lackluster games this year like we've had the previous two years.

Suh,

I am sorry but last year means absolutely nothing, if you take that win as gospel then what will happen with Iowa State, pretty much the same game reversed.

This year is all that is important, and if we face Oklahoma we will most likely not be facing a team that is half crippled by injuries.

Suh,

I am sorry but last year means absolutely nothing, if you take that win as gospel then what will happen with Iowa State, pretty much the same game reversed.

This year is all that is important, and if we face Oklahoma we will most likely not be facing a team that is half crippled by injuries.

I think you're failing to see that we are in year 3 under an entirely different and new coaching staff/philosophy. I don't take any win as gospel but was rather looking at the bigger picture as a whole. We nearly beat a team who played for the national championship last year and while we lost against Iowa State I think you're seeing a program on the rise. I'm not buying the OU injuries argument either because one could also argue that they lost to a team with virtually no offense last year...i/e Nebraska...

I understand your frustration with not having beaten a team ranked in the top 5 in the last 10 years, I understand it more than you know but you also have to realize that going back 10 years also puts you/us into the Solich and Callahan years. Bo has people talking about Nebraska period, remember the drubbing's we took at Colorado, Oklahoma State and Kansas under ol' Cally??? Bo's in year 3. Who cares about 10 years ago... Nebraska's a program on the rise instead of heading downward and that's good enough for me.

We are moving forward no question, but until we beat the top teams there is no real improvement in my mind. To be a big boy you have to beat the big boys.

I am tired of hearing how we almost beat VaTech or Texas, we lost period, end of story. No moral victories.

We hickup every year. Will it change this year, possibly with an offense, but we have not seen that offense against a true team. We have not seen our defense against a true team yet.

If we perform as we have against Texas, then I will drink the Kool Aid.

I am hoping just as all others are, but I need to see proof, whether it is the third year or the tenth year.

We have failed every year for many years now. Win the games, talk the talk.

We are moving forward no question, but until we beat the top teams there is no real improvement in my mind. To be a big boy you have to beat the big boys.

I am tired of hearing how we almost beat VaTech or Texas, we lost period, end of story. No moral victories.

We hickup every year. Will it change this year, possibly with an offense, but we have not seen that offense against a true team. We have not seen our defense against a true team yet.

If we perform as we have against Texas, then I will drink the Kool Aid.

I am hoping just as all others are, but I need to see proof, whether it is the third year or the tenth year.

We have failed every year for many years now. Win the games, talk the talk.

If you can't see the MASSIVE improvement in this NU program since Bo arrived then I can see and understand your lack of optimism. You can't and that's ok.

Just be prepared to be very pleasantly surprised.

I am not knocking our team. I think it is great, and very proud of them so far.

I am amazed at how some seem to be buying into all the hype with out a real win under our belts.

I think we are most likely as good as we have looked, but it has to be done on the field.

Bo does not feel we are on the level of Ohio State or Bama, or we would have a vote in our talley is my guess.

We beat up Texas like we have the first three, then anything is possible, but we have problems with Texas every single year, one way or another. We are their bitches and have been for awhile. Get that off our backs and just maybe we will be what all seem to think we are.

+1

bshirt,

Nothing in the world would make me happier.

I have said over and over we are moving in the right direction, but we have not arrived.

We have to win the games that matter. We beat Arizona, I was there, and I was truly shocked with the eaze that it happened.

I am coming back for the Texas game as I want to be in the stands when it changes, I hope it does, I expect it to, but until it does, I have my doubts.

bshirt,

Nothing in the world would make me happier.

I have said over and over we are moving in the right direction, but we have not arrived.

We have to win the games that matter. We beat Arizona, I was there, and I was truly shocked with the eaze that it happened.

I am coming back for the Texas game as I want to be in the stands when it changes, I hope it does, I expect it to, but until it does, I have my doubts.

Fair enough my friend!

You'll have a blast at the Texas game...."sweet" revenge!

Yea, it costs a small fortune due to some travel requirements of my wife.

I got the tickets free, for doing a favor for one of the Nebraska coaches. Supposed to be quite exciting few days for us, and we will be at a major tailgate under the overpass.

I come back for most major games, but this is the one I want to see us win, more so than any that might follow.

We have to break this string and get back to winning the big games, not just showing up. I think we do.

Here is something that I don't get, please enlighten me if you can. Why the hell was Washington predicted by around 50% of the "experts" to upset Nebraska, and when we blow them out they are suddenly deemed irrelevant, a program far from being back. I don't know about you but they really werent that bad against BYU(beat ou last year) and after a slow start crushed syracuse.

I may be drinking a little too much :koolaid2: but I have a very good feeling that when we look back at the end of the year, we will say damn we dominated a good Washington football team. After all, I believe this is a good Washington team that will be in the top half of the pac10 at the end of the year, which is impressive considering how they seem to be looked at currently.

Locker may be out of the race, but by the end of the year the only reason for that will be because of week 3 and their final record, JMO. Feel free to tear me up for this post, just getting some thoughts out there.