No Leon Jackson

tflynn

I was wondering why out of the 17 newcommers Leon Jackson did not get in. I figured he was probably one of the most athletic players on the team. Not to take anything away from Tiedke but shouldn't Leon be able to get on the field sometime. Do u believe maybe hes not picking up the schemes or has somebody heard anything else. Would love to see him play hopefully he can get in some this weekend.

I think he would be very beneficial at Sp. Teams until he gets his position under his belt. He is too good of an athlete to keep off the field too long, IMHO.

You could very well be right. What's the rule on a redshirt, how many plays can Leon get and still have his redshirt available??

None, He can't play any. Unless your talking about a medical redshirt, but that has to do with season ending injuries. I think that is around 20 percent of your team's plays before you get hurt.

Let's all remember that Leon started at RB, we seem to have a lot of depth there (still unsure why Cody Glenn didn't get any carries), and Leon wanted to switch to get on the field. I'm sure he'll continue to learn the position and we'll see him somewhere in the near future. Just my opinion, but I don't think there's any way he redshirts.

I think he would be very beneficial at Sp. Teams until he gets his position under his belt. He is too good of an athlete to keep off the field too long, IMHO.

You could very well be right. What's the rule on a redshirt, how many plays can Leon get and still have his redshirt available??

None, He can't play any. Unless your talking about a medical redshirt, but that has to do with season ending injuries. I think that is around 20 percent of your team's plays before you get hurt.

:sarcasm

I think youre actually talking about a "Medical Hardship" in which I think the player has to play in less than 25% of his teams games to receive one, I could be wrong. Im sure Octavian will file for one (unless he goes pro??).

Remember Tommie Frazier couldnt get one in 94 because he played in 4 of 12 games prior to the OB, if I remember correctly.

Chances of Octavien going pro after a year ending broken fibula... 0%. He doesnt have the track record that McGahee had to lean on.

Not sure where this comment came from, but I bet he would have stayed anyways if he was still healthy, unless he has financial hardships-looked like he really enjoys being on campus and playing college ball.

In general, I just have to question some of Callahan's decisions lately. From his depth chart, to play calling, and how he is handling players like Leon...Where was Bowman last saturday, and Dilliard didn't get any time either. We have already been over his play calling decisions. Now he seems unsure of whether he wants to even keep some of these kids handy for the year, or just redshirt.

In general, I just have to question some of Callahan's decisions lately.  From his depth chart, to play calling, and how he is handling players like Leon...Where was Bowman last saturday, and Dilliard didn't get any time either.

Bowman and the other CB's weren't very busy due to the Maine offense choosing to run it most of the time. Wilson got burned once. But Bowman was in there.

Dillard played most of the 4th quarter, if I remember correctly.

I am sure the participation report is somewhere on Huskers.com