Day off??????

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/bo_calm_in_locker_room.html

Bo calm in locker room

Posted by: Steve Sipple on September 26, 2010 at 9:39AM CST

South Dakota State didn't quite pull off the upset.

But there was one mild upset Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.

Fiery Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini apparently was calm in the locker room.

"After the game, he didn't even say anything," backup quarterback Cody Green said. "That's just because we all knew, from starters to seniors -- it was echoed throughout -- we need to pick it up."

Green anticipates a "hard-nosed" series of practices leading to Nebraska's next game, Oct. 7 at Kansas State (4-0, 1-0 Big 12) on ESPN.

"I'm pretty sure coach Bo and Wats (Shawn Watson) are going to push us, because they know we can't have another performance like we had," Green said. "They know teams are going to have targets on us and be coming at us with everything they have now, because we've shown a weakness."

Green couldn't or wouldn't pinpoint exactly what South Dakota State did defensively.

"Most of it is just shooting ourselves in the foot," he said. "Don't overlook opponents. We always say it, but we did."

So after reading that. I expect the Huskers to come out against KSU much as they did against Washington.

Taylor Martinez - no turnovers, 100+ yards rushing, 100+ yards passing

Roy Helu - 100+ yards rushing

Rex Burkhead - 100+ rushing

and I expect a blackshirt defense to step up and prove that they aren't number 55 in the nation when it comes to rush defense and shut down Daniel Thomas and the KSU running game.

I was talking to my buddy last nite and said, "I hope Bo goes in the the locker and says 'Get your sh#t together' and then just walks out"

sounds like it may have been something like that. you could tell he was just bottling it up, he knew we were getting the W, but was just letting his players play without getting in their faces. I have a feeling he'll be getting in some faces on Monday

Hilarious post game from Bo when asked about it. He said "we took our day off already today". Classic!

Well, this explains why the team was out to the movies on Friday night. There was more than a fair share of horseplay and patty cake going on... I would hate to be a Husker on Monday. It's going to be a rough week and a half from Bo and the coaching staff.