What-Son and Rose....

tmfr15

Nebraska wins. That is good. But the way our offense played.....TERRIBLE. Shawn What-Son needs to actually commit to running the football. SDST should have been worn down by the fourth quarter. No doubt we had the size and strength advantage up front, but we passed too much and when we did run it was the sideline crap. Run it down their throat. Please!!!

Then there was the sideline reporting of the former voice of the Huskers Jim Rose. If it wasn't bad enough that our team had to struggle to beat the dang Jacks, Rose had to make his little digs every time he did a sideline report. No doubt he holds a grudge for being kicked out of the booth.

Did anyone see Bo and Jim at half. Jim says to Bo something along the lines of "Well, I guess South Dakota State didn't get the memo that this was supposed to be an easy game for Nebraska." Bo looks at him and says...What? Then Jim asks about what the halftime speech might be and Bo says, "I'll get it fixed."

Weird interview. And awkward. I am just glad we don't have to hear about the zesty zip of Dorothy Lynch salad dressing every week. AARRGGHH!!!!

Watson only knows one formation and that's the zone read. Right now we are relying on Martinez to do too much when we got two amazing running backs that can make plays too. Somebody should tell Watson that we have some fullbacks and tight ends that can line up in front of the running backs and run the ball north and south down their throats. We run the zone read way too much IMO

Watson only knows one formation and that's the zone read. Right now we are relying on Martinez to do too much when we got two amazing running backs that can make plays too. Somebody should tell Watson that we have some fullbacks and tight ends that can line up in front of the running backs and run the ball north and south down their throats. We run the zone read way too much IMO

Pretty sure Bo knows that.

It didn't seem to be an issue of ANY KIND in our first 3 games. Could this be an issue of "not getting up" for this game? (please no jokes) It doesn't matter what halftime speech Bo gave...these guys played completely unmotivated. AT LEAST.

Somebody should tell Watson that we have some receivers who would like to catch the ball, too.

We are running the zone read this much because it's Taylor's strong suit. Don't like it? Too bad - Taylor is the guy. This is the direction that Bo wants the offense to go in.

Shawn What-Son needs to actually commit to running the football. SDST should have been worn down by the fourth quarter. No doubt we had the size and strength advantage up front, but we passed too much and when we did run it was the sideline crap. Run it down their throat. Please!!!

Watson needs to commit to running the football? How about a gameplan of 75% run, 25% pass. That's what it was today, and you can look it up. Funny thing is on another board Watson was being criticized for sticking too stubbornly to the run. It's hardly the case that the running game was shut down anyway. 47-201, 4.3 average. Take away that last loss to run out the clock by Helu, and it's 46-211, 4.6 average. Apparently, when you have a strong running game but can't move the ball through the air consistently, an output like this can happen.

People just will not like Watson, period.

Somebody should tell Watson that we have some receivers who would like to catch the ball, too.

We are running the zone read this much because it's Taylor's strong suit. Don't like it? Too bad - Taylor is the guy. This is the direction that Bo wants the offense to go in.

Watson needs to commit to running the football? How about a gameplan of 75% run, 25% pass. That's what it was today, and you can look it up. Funny thing is on another board Watson was being criticized for sticking too stubbornly to the run.

People just will not like Watson, period.

Where did I say that I didn't want Watson to run the ball more. All I'm say is that there are other formations to utilize the run and to set up the pass later. I rather see this football team run the ball more. Let's set up in the I formation a little more often and run it down their throats. Martinez is amazing in the zone read but its not going to work everytime prime example was todays game. Last year we put Mizzou and Kansas that I can think of away by running it down their throats with the power I and some last week with Martinez under center.

Also when the zone read wasn't work passing down the field wasn't working as well. I'm just saying there's more formations than the zone read.......spread it out more....shoot I didn't even see one halfback screen. Let's keep the defense guessing.

If the players heads are out in LA LA land and not in the game then it does not matter because the best plan will look like it sucked. I am sure there is enough fault to go around. This has the potiential to do two things. Unite the team or blow their confidence, I will believe Bo and company will get this fixed along with the players stepping it up a few notches. I would make this game film the Movie the team sees prior to every game from here on out. Just to keep it fresh in their minds. I am sure there are some whorn fans that would have loved to win game like this.

GBR

Zone read isn't a bad play. And I don't mind perimeter runs either. But that seemed to be all we ran. We need to have a downhill element to the run game, and that seems to be lacking at this point. When we ran laterally today, we gave SDST a chance to come up and make plays. We should have had a very significant physical advantage, and yet that didn't seem to manifest itself as the game wore on. We can look at it one of two ways. Either our game plan was such that we were not attacking the middle of the field. OR SDST was simply beating our guys up front and forcing the action to the sideline. I sure hope it's not option B.

I was waiting or someone to put this effort on Watson. It's like clockwork when something goes bad. :lol:

Could not have been because of that pathetic offensive line effort that could get zero push against a severely overmatched DL from South Dakota State. Nor could it be because we have a QB, and I use that term loosely, who has little idea of where to go with the ball when his 1st read is not open.

Nope, we couldn't run, could not we pass, and could not block - but Watson still needed to do something. :thumbs

I was waiting or someone to put this effort on Watson. It's like clockwork when something goes bad. :lol:

Could not have been because of that pathetic offensive line effort that could get zero push against a severely overmatched DL from South Dakota State. Nor could it be because we have a QB, and I use that term loosely, who has little idea of where to go with the ball when his 1st read is not open.

Nope, we couldn't run, could not we pass, and could not block - but Watson still needed to do something. :thumbs

So how many times does this need to happen before it is his problem then? One thing is for sure, he doesn't coach discipline.

So how many times does this need to happen before it is his problem then? One thing is for sure, he doesn't coach discipline.

:facepalm:

Season isn't over....... or did you already forget about the 51 spot we put up on Udub? Can we wait to see at the end of the year where the offense is ranked statisically before we make any decisions. But if by some chance the offense is like this for the rest of the season.... I'll jump on the bandwagon and hate Watson.

Hey, our offense dominates for 3 games, but no one says a peep about how good of a job Watson is doing. We struggle for a game, and suddenly we have a problem. :facepalm:

We struggled - the ENTIRE team did. For suddenly Watson to be singled out is stoopid. Yes, stoopid.