Did we just lose Gameday?

bbeerma2

I don't get all this hate of ESPN. As some said above, GameDay is a great recruiting opportunity and hell, it just looks good on TV. I'd say if TX beats OU (which I doubt) ESPN still comes. Maybe Wisky or tOSU will lose this week, too.

Me either. Corso and Herbie can be clowns (especially Corso), but the guys are entertaining. Have any of you watched the FSN big12 shows? Wow... Renner's hair deserves a show of it's own.

I think they will still come due to the fact that the storyline behind the game is too big. Last years game CCG. Us leaving the Big 12 (Texas blaming us/us blaming Texas). All the bad blood between the teams. Gameday does not always go to the best game of the week. Nobody can tell me Boise St./Oregon St. was a bigger game than Arkansas/Alabama. Id say even Oregon/Arizona State was a bigger game than the game they chose. They went to Boise because all the talk about Boises NC run this year and if they deserve it or not due to their weak schedule, not because it was a big game. Id say Gameday is in Lincoln on 10/16! :corndance

Did we "lose" gameday? Probably. Does anyone care? Nope.

I do, a little. Admit it, it'd be cool to have GameDay in Lincoln.

But TX is going to have 2 losses just coming into the game, so it's not looking likely. NOt a life-changer or anything, but still.

I bet they'll be in Lincoln for the OSU game next fall, though ...

I would still bet that Gameday will come for the Texas game. Next year though I doubt that they come to Lincoln for the Ohio State game because they don't do the same school twice in a row and they will almost certainly be in Wisconsin for Nebraska's Big Ten debut game - the battle of the Big Reds!

The real reason I dislike ESPN is that their streaming video service is terrible, and the way they schedule their games is atrocious. I could care less about play-by-play, halftime shows and other coverage. I just want to watch the games, in good quality, and be done with it. I'm still a big fan of BTN, wish they would pull all of their regular season games onto the network and run as an opponent to ESPN.... You'd think they would with Fox as a backer.

I don't get all this hate of ESPN. As some said above, GameDay is a great recruiting opportunity and hell, it just looks good on TV. I'd say if TX beats OU (which I doubt) ESPN still comes. Maybe Wisky or tOSU will lose this week, too.

How is gameday a "great recruiting opportunity"? Recruits may see it but they'll also see it at umpteen other venues. How does Gameday at Nebraska differ from Gameday somewhere else?

Personally, I don't care whether Gameday shows up or not. I used to enjoy watching it but ever since they hired Desmond Howard and Corso had his stroke, the show has taken a downward spiral IMO.

How is gameday a "great recruiting opportunity"? Recruits may see it but they'll also see it at umpteen other venues. How does Gameday at Nebraska differ from Gameday somewhere else?

Personally, I don't care whether Gameday shows up or not. I used to enjoy watching it but ever since they hired Desmond Howard and Corso had his stroke, the show has taken a downward spiral IMO.

It will be at what...13-14 other venues this year? We have 15 or so high level recruits coming. The odds aren't that great they'll take another official to the same site as Gameday again this year. How many of those 15 were up in Boise last week? None. How many @ UNC/LSU? None. How many @ Penn St/Alabama week 2? Maybe 1. It's not as though the 15 targets we have coming for the game follow the gameday crew around for their each of their official visits. Maybe it's lame to the old folks - but 1,500 screaming Husker fans out in force at 6-8:00am is impressive and fun for high school/college kids. It's a great recruiting opportunity for us to be able to entertain them with it in person - it's not as though their "hosts" gather the 15 together in a room and watch it on TV like you do every week.

People who actually pay attention will note that the collective ESPN College Football analysts put two Nebraska teams in its all-time Top 3. Or that the NU tribute video features Fowler and Corso calling Nebraska fans the best and most knowledgeable in college football (a huge show of bias in our favor if you bother to think about it). Even Kirk Herbstriet came out early last year in calling Nebraska a national championship contender this year. ESPN fed the Suh bandwagon and ended up giving our guy more love than the saintly Tim Tebow. And if you pay attention to college football, you might have observed that Nebraska hasn't beaten a ranked team in nearly a decade and having failed to step up in big games (which is what ESPN tends to cover) a football analyst would be an idiot to pick Nebraska to win every game just so the whiners on a Husker bulletin board won't feel insecure about their place in the world. Even then ESPN gives the Huskers a lot of respect based on our legacy.

Feel free to hate Mark May. No network is perfect. But this ESPN Haters trope is tiresome and embarrassing.