Did we just lose Gameday?

bbeerma2

I don't get all this hate of ESPN. As some said above, GameDay is a great recruiting opportunity and hell, it just looks good on TV. I'd say if TX beats OU (which I doubt) ESPN still comes. Maybe Wisky or tOSU will lose this week, too.

How is gameday a "great recruiting opportunity"? Recruits may see it but they'll also see it at umpteen other venues. How does Gameday at Nebraska differ from Gameday somewhere else?

Personally, I don't care whether Gameday shows up or not. I used to enjoy watching it but ever since they hired Desmond Howard and Corso had his stroke, the show has taken a downward spiral IMO.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'm sorry...did you say something? I was to busy staring at your avatar chuckleshuffle

1,500? You must not be from Nebraska. When Gameday was here in 2007 Nebraska set a record with 20,000+ fans for Gameday.

The NU/OU game in 2001 is still tops in Gameday attendance, but it wasn't 20,000. See the tweet from Big 12 Conference.

Boise State had 13,205 fans for ESPN’s College GameDay. Big 12 still holds top 2 Nebraska in 2001 (15,808) & K-State in 2000 (15,587)

LINK

1,500? You must not be from Nebraska. When Gameday was here in 2007 Nebraska set a record with 20,000+ fans for Gameday.

The NU/OU game in 2001 is still tops in Gameday attendance, but it wasn't 20,000. See the tweet from Big 12 Conference.

Boise State had 13,205 fans for ESPN’s College GameDay. Big 12 still holds top 2 Nebraska in 2001 (15,808) & K-State in 2000 (15,587)

LINK

"I must've put the comma in the wrong place or something. Sh!#, I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail."

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'm sorry...did you say something? I was to busy staring at your avatar chuckleshuffle

touche - haha

LINK

The largest attendance for CGD is 22,144 at Kentucky last year. (This is for Basketball)

Around 20,000 were in attendance for Alabama vs Clemson for Football in 2008.

The listed # from Huskers was over 14,000 for 2007 (my bad). However, we don't hold the record anymore.

I don't think it is likely that they will come unless Texas bounces back big time from last week's loss and we remain undefeated. Both of those are certainly not a lock after last week's performance by both teams. I hope the reason they deselect Lincoln is not becasue it is a matchup of a 2 loss team against a winless team in the conference. That would sting. Any other reason they don't want to come--no big deal.

"Hello everyone, welcome to Lincoln, Nebraska for College Gameday! Erin Andrews has an exclusive on why the Huskers have nothing to do with Mark Ingram, who she'll talk about into the teleprompter until you, or her, is blue in the face. We'll also discuss why Nebraska doesn't have blue turf, and why they don't matter since Boise State does. We'll go in-depth on the future of Notre Dame, and whether or not ESPN can get the Irish ranked with a losing record. For the next 3 hours we're going to talk about Alabama, Boise St., Notre Dame, and a bunch of east coast teams that aren't ranked, just like we do every day. Enjoy!" :hmmph

Boise State had 13,205 fans for ESPN's College GameDay. Big 12 still holds top 2 Nebraska in 2001 (15,808) & K-State in 2000 (15,587)

LINK

The largest attendance for CGD is 22,144 at Kentucky last year. (This is for Basketball)

Around 20,000 were in attendance for Alabama vs Clemson for Football in 2008.

The listed # from Huskers was over 14,000 for 2007 (my bad). However, we don't hold the record anymore.

After further research this is what I found. I was wrong about it being against OU, but Nebraska still holds the record for football.

A RECORD CHALLENGE

Michael Fountain, the senior coordinating producer for "College GameDay," issued a challenge to Bronco Nation on Wednesday. He wants to see if Boise State can break the GameDay attendance record of 15,800 set by Nebraska at a 2001 game against Notre Dame.

LINK

Plus this tweet from GameDayFootball.

Boise support at GameDay (13,205 fans), but didn't top most-ever: Neb in 2001 (15,808) & Kansas St in 2000 (15,587)

LINK

If Texas can beat OU and jump to around 13 or 14 in the polls i think they will come here, i mean look at last week, they chose Boise State-Oregon State over easily the biggest game that week Alabama-Arkansas

Alabama-Arkansas was a CBS game (though I guess that shouldn't necessarily stop them from going there).

Anyway, even if they aren't there for the Texas game, I'm sure Gameday will be present at one or two Nebraska games next year -- like when you guys open the Big Ten season at Camp Randall, or your first conference home opener. It should be pretty awesome.

People who actually pay attention will note that the collective ESPN College Football analysts put two Nebraska teams in its all-time Top 3. Or that the NU tribute video features Fowler and Corso calling Nebraska fans the best and most knowledgeable in college football (a huge show of bias in our favor if you bother to think about it). Even Kirk Herbstriet came out early last year in calling Nebraska a national championship contender this year. ESPN fed the Suh bandwagon and ended up giving our guy more love than the saintly Tim Tebow. And if you pay attention to college football, you might have observed that Nebraska hasn't beaten a ranked team in nearly a decade and having failed to step up in big games (which is what ESPN tends to cover) a football analyst would be an idiot to pick Nebraska to win every game just so the whiners on a Husker bulletin board won't feel insecure about their place in the world. Even then ESPN gives the Huskers a lot of respect based on our legacy.

Feel free to hate Mark May. No network is perfect. But this ESPN Haters trope is tiresome and embarrassing.

:yeah

The only gameday i ever "attended" was when the Huskers played CU in '95 in Boulder. I didn't know they were there, just sort of happened upon their set up. The show was big then but nothing like it is now.

Anyway, it'd be nice if they came, it would only add to what is already going to be an insane atmosphere in Lincoln that day-- Regardless of what happens to UT this weekend.

If they end up not coming b/c Texas is 0-2 in the weeks leading up to our game... well, its clearly just another example of Texas deliberately screwing us over. what else is new.

:bs:

I was in that record-setting Game Day crowd back in 2001. That was back before I saw through what ESPN is.

Bottom line is, I'm a fan of FOOTBALL. I want to watch football when I turn on my TV on Saturdays. I want to see as much of the game as possible, as many replays, as much sideline stuff, etc. The focus should 100% be on football and nothing else - that's my perfect world. Unfortunately, ESPN chose to shift the focus to themselves, to their TV personalities, to their brand of entertainment which does, at times, focus on football, but which also spends too much time focusing on Corso's hat or Holtz' character or May's nonsensical flip-floppery. I don't care about the guys behind the desk - they aren't football. The guys on the field are football, and I don't need some talking head to yack at me to make my enjoyment of football any greater.

I hate to say this, but despite the horrible announcers, despite the years of grainy pictures and bizarre camera work, I have for a long time preferred to watch football on Fox than ESPN, simply because I get more football that way.

I was in that record-setting Game Day crowd back in 2001. That was back before I saw through what ESPN is.

Bottom line is, I'm a fan of FOOTBALL. I want to watch football when I turn on my TV on Saturdays. I want to see as much of the game as possible, as many replays, as much sideline stuff, etc. The focus should 100% be on football and nothing else - that's my perfect world. Unfortunately, ESPN chose to shift the focus to themselves, to their TV personalities, to their brand of entertainment which does, at times, focus on football, but which also spends too much time focusing on Corso's hat or Holtz' character or May's nonsensical flip-floppery. I don't care about the guys behind the desk - they aren't football. The guys on the field are football, and I don't need some talking head to yack at me to make my enjoyment of football any greater.

I hate to say this, but despite the horrible announcers, despite the years of grainy pictures and bizarre camera work, I have for a long time preferred to watch football on Fox than ESPN, simply because I get more football that way.

When the game is on, it's football. Everything else is people talking about football for hours and hours before and after the fact. If you don't look up occasionally, realize it's just a game and add some levity, it gets kinda sad.

Or to put it another way, kchusker's avatar is distracting me from the issue of what to do about our fourth string quarterback, Kody Spano. Would I prefer HuskerBoard.com get rid of kchusker's avatar? God no.

"Hello everyone, welcome to Lincoln, Nebraska for College Gameday! Erin Andrews has an exclusive on why the Huskers have nothing to do with Mark Ingram, who she'll talk about into the teleprompter until you, or her, is blue in the face. We'll also discuss why Nebraska doesn't have blue turf, and why they don't matter since Boise State does. We'll go in-depth on the future of Notre Dame, and whether or not ESPN can get the Irish ranked with a losing record. For the next 3 hours we're going to talk about Alabama, Boise St., Notre Dame, and a bunch of east coast teams that aren't ranked, just like we do every day. Enjoy!" :hmmph

can i just say, spot on.

also, speaking of boise state, everyone should watch below; from link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufxP1ko4GU&feature=player_embedded#!

it is in the spirit of ksu's power towel video.