After Non Confrence, what are your reasonable expectations?

ADS

After the first four games, this is a tough team to read. One minute they look like a true top 10 team, the next they look like they dont belong in the top 15. It seems like the coaches and players need a true reality check, and hopefully got it after that debacle. I am still optimistic about this season, but now a tad bit more worried about a giant letdown somewhere down the line. I trust in Bo, and I trust in his coaching staff around him, I just hope the players can stay focused all year long.

Big 12 play:

@ Kstate: 24-13 Nebraska.

Texas: 21-10 Nebraska.

Okie State: 35-28 Nebraska.

Missouri: 28-17 Nebraska.

@ ISU: 38-7 Nebraska.

Kansas: 41-10 Nebraska.

@ TAMU: 28-24 Nebraska.

Colorado: 31-3 Nebraska.

I might have drank to much kool-aid over the summer, and after the Washington game. But its just a gut feeling, what does eveyone else think?

After the first four games, this is a tough team to read. One minute they look like a true top 10 team, the next they look like they dont belong in the top 15. It seems like the coaches and players need a true reality check, and hopefully got it after that debacle. I am still optimistic about this season, but now a tad bit more worried about a giant letdown somewhere down the line. I trust in Bo, and I trust in his coaching staff around him, I just hope the players can stay focused all year long.

Big 12 play:

@ Kstate: 24-13 Nebraska.

Texas: 21-10 Nebraska.

Okie State: 35-28 Nebraska.

Missouri: 28-17 Nebraska.

@ ISU: 38-7 Nebraska.

Kansas: 41-10 Nebraska.

@ TAMU: 28-24 Nebraska.

Colorado: 31-3 Nebraska.

I might have drank to much kool-aid over the summer, and after the Washington game. But its just a gut feeling, what does eveyone else think?

A lot of this depends on injuries. Losing Eric martin (have we lost him? Anyone know how he is?)--- after losing both Sean Fisher and Compton --- that is, with 3 of our top 5 lber's gone, we have Whaley and David and no depth behind them. Not good. Also, how is McNeil? Thenarse seemed hobbled too. Anthony Blue is gone. The defense has been hit hard.

Anyway.... I am maybe pessimistic somewhat --- but I predict that we are susceptible to the run this year and that a good defense that stacks 7-8 in the box will shut down our offense fairly well. So... with K-State, Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri & Okie State we win 3 and drop 2. So, I see us finishing 6-2 from here to finish the regular season at 10-2. If we play the Conference championship... who knows by then.

But injuries will play a role --- right now our Defense is minus Compton, Martin, Fisher & Blue and have a hobbled Thenarse --- (this is based on the assumption that Martin is out and that Thenarse is hobbled --- and I am not certain the details). Anyway, our defense is hurting (literally). If people can run on us we are in trouble. Early indicators are that people will be able to run on us.

Undefeated seems really unlikely. 2 losses is more likely by far.

We will be favored in every game from here on out. Every game is winnable, but I dont think we will win every game. I am very worried about the OSU game. I think we can go undefeated but I think we will have a let down somewhere.

:yeah We could win every game, but I'm not so sure that we will. By the looks of the team Saturday, we could lose every game, too.....

Each game will take on its own identity. The biggest questions are - how will the Huskers respond when they get behind during a game, and what adjustments will they make if the offense is stalling and not putting up points? Penalties and turnovers are all part of the game. So throw those out. This team is not mistake free. I think the Huskers are physically gifted and mentally tough enough to win each game on the schedule. The defensive line needs more QB pressure, and as an entire unit they need to improve their game against the run. The skill players and more experienced guys on offense need to take some pressure off a young QB by making some plays. This team is capable of doing this, no question. Will they run the table? Possibly. Doesnt matter if its close wins or not. I think one loss somewhere in there is just as likely as going undefeated, because there are no guarentees. So I am going to say, one game at a time, with whoever is next on the schedule, we will come out with the W.

Turd in the Kool Aid here!

Good god guys the end is not in sight, we should be favored in every game and I think we will see a real team hit the field the rest of the year. Texas is not what we thought they would be, nor is Oklahoma. I never buy into Okie Lite. We have the fire power to win on our conference I think, but we are not on the National Level with Ohio State, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas and a couple other SEC teams.

We still have every goal in site, we are 4-0 with only one close game, Oklahoma has had problems all year except for Florida State, Texas fumbled the ball away and lost. Things could be a lot worse than they are.

Keep the faith.

Turd in the Kool Aid here!

Good god guys the end is not in sight, we should be favored in every game and I think we will see a real team hit the field the rest of the year. Texas is not what we thought they would be, nor is Oklahoma. I never buy into Okie Lite. We have the fire power to win on our conference I think, but we are not on the National Level with Ohio State, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas and a couple other SEC teams.

We still have every goal in site, we are 4-0 with only one close game, Oklahoma has had problems all year except for Florida State, Texas fumbled the ball away and lost. Things could be a lot worse than they are.

Keep the faith.

I dont think that we will have a problem with oklahoma state but we havent won @ stillwater the past few times that we have been there so you can't take them too lightly.

I think that we should win every conference game that we play but I would not be surprised if we lose a game that we are not supposed to lose. Going into stillwater oklahoma scares me.

Okie Lite actually worries me a little as well. There was supposed to be a huge drop-off offensively for OSU but that hasn't been seen yet. Okie Lite is playing very well on offense right now.

Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and with any luck, you won't see them until the conference championship.

OU is not the best team in the Big 12 right now IMO.

Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and with any luck, you won't see them until the conference championship.

Really? So I guess a 2 point win against Cincinnati and a 3 point win against airforce and a 3 point win against Utah state makes them the best team in the Big 12?

I still believe we can win every game on the schedule. Personally I dont think this team is any better than last years to this point. Yea we beat UW on the road, but they were no Vtech by any means. Honestly I dont think we are gonna have any more 40-50 point games.

My predictions for Big 12 play....

KState: 28-10

Texas: 24-3

Okie State: 27-13

Mizzou: 31-10

ISU: 34-0

KU: 38-0

A&M: 27-24

CU: 19-13

We will really find out the character of this team next thursday down in Manhattan. A convincing win and this team confidence sky rockets right into the Texas game. A close win or loss and we are gonna have to rely heavily on our defense again to make this season some what successful.