After Non Confrence, what are your reasonable expectations?

ADS

Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and with any luck, you won't see them until the conference championship.

chuckecheese-cocaine.jpg

OU has played three games close games and has had no business winning two of them at the least and one of those games was against a mid-major, the other against a Little East team. They are not playing the best football in the Big 12 right now.

We have not lost Eric Martin he will be at practice today ready to go.

It is inevitable that we will experience growing pains along the way, it would be ignorant to claim that we won't.

I will go out on a limb here and say that we will go undefeated through conference play this year and here is why: We will be the best team in the stadium each and every week. We wont win every game by 100 points, we are not a completely superior team like last year's Bama team, but our schedule is set up for us to make a serious run at going undefeated.

After this week in college football it showed that every team is beatable. We have just as good a chance as anyone else at going undefeated, we also have an equal chance at stubbing our toe in a few of those games.

We have a great coach that knows his defense (he will have us playing some absolutely great defense in conference play); we have a QB who is only going to get better as the year goes on; to go along with the point about our defense, they will allow for a few minor (nothing catostrophic) mistakes by our QB/offense.

You may say that I am drinking Koolaid, but I am also using conventional logic as it applies here.

To go along with what people are saying, we played poorly. We did not get exposed, we have no reason to panic. Would anyone here claim that SDSU was the best team that we have played thus far this season? I sure as hell would not say that.

• Fire 1

FWIW, here is the BP poll for this week:

01. Alabama 692 (20)

02. Ohio State 673 (8)

03. Oregon 603

04. Nebraska 588

05. Florida 541

06. Boise State 533

07. Texas Christian 521

08. Oklahoma 505

09. Stanford 466

10. Wisconsin 459

11. Auburn 400

12. Arizona 353

13. Louisiana State 351

14. Miami 325

14. Utah 325

16. Arkansas 314

17. Iowa 271

18. Michigan State 188

19. South Carolina 151

20. Texas 135

21. Penn State 121

22. Michigan 115

23. North Carolina State 108

24. Southern Cal 95

25. Nevada 65

Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and with any luck, you won't see them until the conference championship.

Really? So I guess a 2 point win against Cincinnati and a 3 point win against airforce and a 3 point win against Utah state makes them the best team in the Big 12?

I think Cincinnati would have beat us at our house Saturday night let alone if we traveled to Cincy. Similarly I think Airforce would have been a very tough victory with our D line or a loss. Utah State, got me there, that one makes no sense. On the other hand Florida State though not a great team is better than Washington by far. Guess we'll just have to go ahead and play the games but I think Oklahoma has the best athletes/speed in the big 12. Will know more after the RR game

But beating Kstate in the little apple, is all we should worry about and hope for just now. Considering ourselves better than OU until we have played somebody is homerism at it's finest. I hope we are and find out in the CCG. It's a long hard road (though I like our schedule) to get there for both teams. Who would not have beaten us Sat. night that we have left to play? I think OU will beat Texas in the RR but wouldn't be terribly surprised. A loss for us at Ksuck, Okie State, on the road and Texas at home is very doable. A slip up against Misery at home (they are much better than Iowa state or South Dakota) would be tragic but after last weekend not off the charts bizzare. So a lot will happen in the rankings and there is no reason to worry about anyone else or what anyone says about us until November.

A lot of this depends on injuries. Losing Eric martin (have we lost him? Anyone know how he is?)--- after losing both Sean Fisher and Compton --- that is, with 3 of our top 5 lber's gone, we have Whaley and David and no depth behind them. Not good. Also, how is McNeil? Thenarse seemed hobbled too. Anthony Blue is gone. The defense has been hit hard.

Nothing serious on the injury front. All will be fine.

Do what didn't happen last year...win the Big 12 championship. That was my expectation coming into this year, and anything more is just gravy. Our NonCon games have done nothing yet to change that. Combined with how the rest of the Big 12 has played so far, I can't see how a conf championship is still out of the question.

Oh lets see.

Kansas State - I expect a great game against KSU, why? The vibe i got from Bo Pelini after the SDSU game was about the same as it was after the Idaho. I expect the Huskers to come out and light KSU up.

Texas - My gut tells me Texas will try what they tried to do against UCLA when they play Nebraska, why? Because of the front 4 weakness, we cannot seem to stop the run, if we still show some weakness on that point against KSU, expect Texas to run it as well. Texas won't dare to pass against the best secondary in football unless they have to. Either way, blackshirt defense and very loud Memorial Stadium will be too much for the Horns to handle.

Oklahoma State - Once again, Kendall Hunter has the legs to make the Blackshirts pay if we still don't show that we can shut down the run by this point in the season. We will have to hope that Taylor Martinez and the offense can have the kind of away game that we had against Washington.

Missouri - They are trying to make a name for themselves and this game could be a shocker if we aren't prepared for it. Gabbert probably wants revenge for what happened last year, but should he get gun-ho, i expect The Prince and Dennard to make him pay for forcing some bad throws. A home game after winning against OSU should give the offense the boost they need to ride the defense the rest of the season.

Iowa State - Expect ISU to try and force turnovers in this game, they saw it work last year and they will do more of it again this year. Defense will be able to hold ISU, guaranteed, but the offense must not put the ball on the ground. I expect Burkhead to have a big day, and Roy and Robinson to have quiet afternoons. No chances to be taken.

Kansas - It will be nice to see Turner Gil come Memorial Stadium again, Im sure Husker fans will give him a standing ovation when he takes the field. But the Huskers will hang as many points against the Jayhawks as possible and defense will have a game like they did against Idaho, expect 3-6 INT's by the end of the game.

Texas A&M - Time to put those words to the test Taylor "Crowd noise doesn't get to me." There is a reason its called the 12th Man, and it will be a difficult game if the Huskers don't come out early and take the lead. Even with an early lead don't expect Texas A&M fans to give up like the Washington fans did.

Colorado - A final farewell to an unofficial and short-lived North division rivalry between the two teams. Huskers will win and cap off a winning rivalry against Colorado.

My prediction?

I will go for it all, we win them all. The close ones will be OSU, Mizz, and Texas A&M. But they are winnable if we come out and dominate like we did against Washington.

I think that we should win every conference game that we play but I would not be surprised if we lose a game that we are not supposed to lose. Going into stillwater oklahoma scares me.

Oklahoma State's schedule thus far:

W vs. Washington State 65-17

W vs. Troy 41-38

W vs. Tulsa 65-28

3 bad teams, and one very close game. We will be significantly less worried about this game after watching them play against Texas Tech and Texas A&M over the next couple of weeks.

I think that we should win every conference game that we play but I would not be surprised if we lose a game that we are not supposed to lose. Going into stillwater oklahoma scares me.

Oklahoma State's schedule thus far:

W vs. Washington State 65-17

W vs. Troy 41-38

W vs. Tulsa 65-28

3 bad teams, and one very close game. We will be significantly less worried about this game after watching them play against Texas Tech and Texas A&M over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I know... Im just saying we havent won in stillwater for a long time. That place seems to be bad luck for us :thumbs

It's for me impossible to predict what we'll do. It all depends on what offense shows up each week and the answer to that.....I don't have a clue.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think that we can win all of our games but personally I think it's lame to predict scores people are usually always wrong with there score predictions.