After Non Confrence, what are your reasonable expectations?

ADS

my reasonable prediction is that as a team, This Nebraska team is better then all the teams ahead. If we play like we know we can, at the end of the day, Ne should win every game. Of course things do happen so who knows, but i also have a gut feeling this is the year we are back on top. SDSU was easy to overlook, and i think with the bye week and heading into conference play, the intensity picks up and we roll KSU, and Texas. Then we have a couple close first half games, that we end up winning by wearing down teams with our power running. One thing about Bo is he seems to make his teams better as the year goes on so im hoping we get better and better and win and win...GO BIG RED

As long as we win the Big XII this season, I'll be happy. That was basically the goal this year and I really do think we can get it done. As far as going undefeated.........I want to say yes, but my mind says no. I think we lose to OSU, that game scares the hell out of me and we never play well there or at least recently haven't.

19 thousand plus posts. You need a life!!!

I do not have worries about Ok State this year. A&M could be a thorn.

We just got to hyped up over the media making Nebraska and Martinez the best thing since sliced bread. We are where most expected us to be, 4-0. All goals are attainable, nothing lost and the season to gain on experience and teamwork.

Still looks good to me, I will keep my turd wrapped up in my pocket until the next reality check is needed.

I agree with the general consensus that we could, and probably should, beat everyone left on our schedule. That said a perfect regular season is a very rare thing. Everyone has bad games and honestly it's more likely than not that we drop one or two between here and the CCG. OSU, A&M and (given the curse we seem to have had since joining the Big 12) Texas scare me a little bit. Just so long as we beat Texas and, more importantly, get a shot at the conference championship, I'll be a happy man. Is it possible that we could win out from here and take the title? Sure. Just don't be too disappointed if we slip up. Bo's got this team back on the right path and it's only a matter of time.

Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12 right now, and with any luck, you won't see them until the conference championship.

chuckecheese-cocaine.jpg

OU has played three games close games and has had no business winning two of them at the least and one of those games was against a mid-major, the other against a Little East team. They are not playing the best football in the Big 12 right now.

We have not lost Eric Martin he will be at practice today ready to go.

It is inevitable that we will experience growing pains along the way, it would be ignorant to claim that we won't.

I will go out on a limb here and say that we will go undefeated through conference play this year and here is why: We will be the best team in the stadium each and every week. We wont win every game by 100 points, we are not a completely superior team like last year's Bama team, but our schedule is set up for us to make a serious run at going undefeated.

After this week in college football it showed that every team is beatable. We have just as good a chance as anyone else at going undefeated, we also have an equal chance at stubbing our toe in a few of those games.

We have a great coach that knows his defense (he will have us playing some absolutely great defense in conference play); we have a QB who is only going to get better as the year goes on; to go along with the point about our defense, they will allow for a few minor (nothing catostrophic) mistakes by our QB/offense.

You may say that I am drinking Koolaid, but I am also using conventional logic as it applies here.

To go along with what people are saying, we played poorly. We did not get exposed, we have no reason to panic. Would anyone here claim that SDSU was the best team that we have played thus far this season? I sure as hell would not say that.

HAHAHAHAHHA!!! This is the pic I use for one of my fantasy football teams. Found it by googleing "cocaine and chicken strips"

My prediction?

I will go for it all, we win them all. The close ones will be OSU, Mizz, and Texas A&M. But they are winnable if we come out and dominate like we did against Washington.

I honestly can't see how you don't list Texas here. I don't care how helpless they looked vs UCLA - it's TEXAS we're talking about. They've had our number since '96, and things always go their way. I don't think it's a curse or anything, but the luck they have against us has always been freakin' ridiculous. So, who's to say that good luck won't keep going in Lincoln? I don't mean to be a doubter b/c I am confident in our chances to win the North and take the Big 12 title. It's just that we've seen so many well-played games vs Texas go down the drain, I find it hard to believe Texas won't be our biggest, most difficult matchup this entire season.

On that note, I will say this. If our offense flexes its muscle like it did vs Washington, that tough Longhorn D is in for a long day b/c the biggest thing they struggled to contain vs UCLA was the zone read attack, and that just so happens to be our bread 'n butter. However, I think the Texas' D will be the best we face all year, and knowing how prone we are to making mistakes offensively, we could just as easily be in for it.

Now defensively on paper, we should rip Gilbert a new one. But, stranger things have happened...It's Texas remember?

My hope is that we make it to the big 12 champ game and play Oklahoma. We win that game and beat our rival one last time and leave the big 12 on top where we belong. I dont care how it happens.

a NC is a dream we are not there yet but if it come to us i wont kick it out of bed...

OU IS the best team in the big12 right now. Remember the 02 Ohio state team that was criticized for winning ugly...every week. They beat a powerhouse miami team to win the title. Bottomline is good teams FIND ways to win. We're a good team. OU is a good team. I think they're better than us. They're certainly more battle tested than we are. What is our opponents combined record right now? 3-11. OU's? 8-8. They've played better competition and have found ways to win. But we'll see as the season progresses. I'm not sure how much the Texas game will show us. We get Texas after 2 tough games.

I understand that we haven't played well at OSU in awhile.. but is that the only reason people are afraid of that game? OSU doesn't seem to be a great team by any means... And sure, we've struggled in the past. But we have also struggled mightily against UT and people don't seem to be too worried about that one anymore.. This is an entirely new team and a new coaching staff that has proven the ability to coach and motivate players completely different than it has in the past. I still think A&M is the biggest scare game we have this year..