Mizzou wasn't one of them!

RazzinGTO

So reading Shatel this morning and saw this statement:

• Heard from two good sources close to the Big Ten recently that the Big Ten had five main targets for expansion — and not one of them was named Missouri. Ouch.

Although I love that we stuck it to Mizzou who was basically on their knees trying to get into the Big 10, I would like that if there was future expansion to 16 teams, that we would consider Mizzou.

My linkLinky

• Heard from two good sources close to the Big Ten recently that the Big Ten had five main targets for expansion — and not one of them was named Missouri. Ouch.

Although I love that we stuck it to Mizzou who was basically on their knees trying to get into the Big 10, I would like that if there was future expansion to 16 teams, that we would consider Mizzou.

My linkLinky

When you think of tradition, Missouri doesn't come to mind!

My linkLinky

It does for me we have played them every year for one of the longest streaks in the nation. Losing that streak is one of the few downsides to going to the big 10.

My linkLinky

It does for me we have played them every year for one of the longest streaks in the nation. Losing that streak is one of the few downsides to going to the big 10.

Not exactly sure on the numbers but haven't we played Missouri 100+ times and Colorado only 60+ times? Besides - the Missouri game seems to have become, albeit only the last 10 or so years, more of a rivalry game then CU. CU was force fed to us.

My linkLinky

Not trying too spread a rumor....but. Knowing how we huskers like our streaks (longest sell out streak, winning seasons streak.) I could see the Huskers and Tigers sacrificing some weaker non con teams too keep this streak going.

My linkLinky

Just remember they sided with Texas. I don't feel sorry for losing any rivalries when they were so quick to fold on us.

according to Huskermax.com

against North Opponents

Vs. Colorado 48 Wins, 18 Losses, 2 Ties. Total of 68 games. After the 2010 matchup Nebraska-Colorado have met for 62 straight times.

Vs. Iowa State 85 Wins, 17 Losses, 2 Ties. Total of 104 games. After 2010 matchup Nebraska-Iowa State have met for 84 straight times.

Vs. Kansas 90 Wins, 23 Losses, 3 Ties. Total of 116 games. After 2010 matchup Nebraska-Kansas have met for 104 straight times (one of the longest in NCAA history).

Vs. Kansas State 77 Wins, 15 Losses, 2 Ties. 94 total games. After 2010 matchup Nebraska-Kansas State have met for 88 straight times.

Vs. Missouri 64 Wins, 36 Losses, 3 Ties. 103 Total games. After 2010 matchup Nebraska-Missouri have met for 88 straight times.

As you can see Missouri is the closest series we have in the North with a 28-game differential for the lead. The longest streak that will be coming to an end will be Kansas, followed by Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State, and Colorado.

I don't see why any Husker fan should care about these streaks ending when Missouri and the other Big 12 north schools sided with Texas all these years. It's their fault Texas ended up with all the power. Nebraska has been the only school with big enough balls to stand up to the almighty burnt orange. Wouldn't you rather play Michigan, Penn State and Iowa every year instead of Kansas, Missouri and Colorado?

• Fire 1

I don't see why any Husker fan should care about these streaks ending when Missouri and the other Big 12 north schools sided with Texas all these years. It's their fault Texas ended up with all the power. Nebraska has been the only school with big enough balls to stand up to the almighty burnt orange. Wouldn't you rather play Michigan, Penn State and Iowa every year instead of Kansas, Missouri and Colorado?

To me its the traditon not to the big 12, but missing out on the history of the old big 8 schools is one of the very small downsides to going to the big 10

To me its the traditon not to the big 12, but missing out on the history of the old big 8 schools is one of the very small downsides to going to the big 10

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, in a way, the Big 10 seems more like the old Big 8 than the Big 12 does right now. To me anyway.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, in a way, the Big 10 seems more like the old Big 8 than the Big 12 does right now. To me anyway.

I see what you mean, and when I think of the big 10 it brings up similar things to the old big 8