Met Jason Peter at a Fazoli's

Spartness

I gave him my thoughts of the K State game. I said we likely will stuff their running attack by putting eight guys or so on the line and that the kool aid drinking will resume since many fans will think our front four have greatly improved. He burst out laughing.

Most interesting is when I asked him how he compares our defensive tackles to he and his brother. He said these guys are more talented, but are just not playing up to par. He also said, "It's all in your head." Our guys need to mentally toughen up.

I gave him my thoughts of the K State game. I said we likely will stuff their running attack by putting eight guys or so on the line and that the kool aid drinking will resume since many fans will think our front four have greatly improved. He burst out laughing.

Most interesting is when I asked him how he compares our defensive tackles to he and his brother. He said these guys are more talented, but are just not playing up to par. He also said, "It's all in your head." Our guys need to mentally toughen up.

I have met him once before and he was really nice. My son's name is Jason so JP asked him for a big high five. I think JP also said the same thing about Suh before last season. He had all of the physical tools to dominate but lacked the mentality to dominate.

Players will run through walls... if they're high on coke.

If you're implying JP was on coke at Nebraska, you're wrong. He's been pretty up-front with his drug addiction problems, and he wasn't troubled at Nebraska.

If this turns into a flame-fest against a former player, we can stop that from happening. Let's please keep this thread respectful.

If you're implying JP was on coke at Nebraska, you're wrong. He's been pretty up-front with his drug addiction problems, and he wasn't troubled at Nebraska.

If this turns into a flame-fest against a former player, we can stop that from happening. Let's please keep this thread respectful.

No, but he was in the pros. He certainly said he was addicted to pain killers when he was at Nebraska in Hero of the Underground. It wasn't a flame, just a joke. He also said in his book if you can't talk and joke about your problems you truly aren't over them.

• Fire 2

I also had the opportunity to meet JP this last weekend. He joined our tailgate with Milt and Jay Foreman. He is an interesting guy. Although i didnt have much time to talk with him as there were plenty of other fans wanting to shake his hand and take pics. But i did get to tell him i thought his book was awesome! and that it gave me some of the most vivid and crazy dreams at night. He laughed and went on taking pics with fans.

I also had the opportunity to meet JP this last weekend. He joined our tailgate with Milt and Jay Foreman. He is an interesting guy. Although i didnt have much time to talk with him as there were plenty of other fans wanting to shake his hand and take pics. But i did get to tell him i thought his book was awesome! and that it gave me some of the most vivid and crazy dreams at night. He laughed and went on taking pics with fans.

You were over there in the corner of the parking lot too? You had to see me - I was the guy in the red shirt wearing the white Husker Hat. ;)

No, but he was in the pros. He certainly said he was addicted to pain killers when he was at Nebraska in Hero of the Underground. It wasn't a flame, just a joke. He also said in his book if you can't talk and joke about your problems you truly aren't over them.

If you could cite the page that's on I'll go check it out. I just read Hero this summer and don't remember the part about being addicted to painkillers at Nebraska. Admittedly he was a mess in the pros, but of course that's what the book was about.

I saw him and he looks a lot smaller now than back then. It always looked to me like he had his helmet painted on his head he was so big. Who knows what was going on back then I just remember this guy as ONE...BAD.....DUDE! GREAT HUSKER.

I love the beginning of that video, "Don't forget one f*cking thing, WE'RE F*CKING NEBRASKA!" As Taylor Martinez would say, I got chills throughout my bodeh.

You were over there in the corner of the parking lot too? You had to see me - I was the guy in the red shirt wearing the white Husker Hat. ;)

YEAH! I saw you... the guy in the red shirt yep that was def you... You were near that tent that said Nebraska on it if im not mistaken lol

I saw him and he looks a lot smaller now than back then. It always looked to me like he had his helmet painted on his head he was so big. Who knows what was going on back then I just remember this guy as ONE...BAD.....DUDE! GREAT HUSKER.

I love the beginning of that video, "Don't forget one f*cking thing, WE'RE F*CKING NEBRASKA!" As Taylor Martinez would say, I got chills throughout my bodeh.

Ive brought this up before but this NEEDS to be made into an epic movie!

If our DTs had half his fire we'd have demolished every single team we've played so far.

If he's right and Steinkuhler and Crick are more talented than Jason and Christian, this guys are WAY underperforming. Looking at JP's highlights brings a tear to my eye.

That guy is a blackshirt, man. Anyone who says different doesn't know what the term means.