Monte Kiffin

Nexus

I wonder if he had fun breaking down NU/UW defensive film? :)

Funny thing is if it wasn't for Monte Kiffin, Bo Pelini probably wouldn't have come to Nebraska in 2003. While Solich gets credit for hiring Pelini, it was because Monte recommended him. Apparently Solich wanted to hire Monte as DC but he had just won the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay and declined the offer but told him to hire Bo away from Green Bay.

Now that Bo is HC of Monte's alma mater, he probably takes some pride in seeing Bo thrive here at Nebraska. I'm just glad Solich took Monte's recommendation when he did. It's weird to think how it could've turned out otherwise.

Funny thing is if it wasn't for Monte Kiffin, Bo Pelini probably wouldn't have come to Nebraska in 2003. While Solich gets credit for hiring Pelini, it was because Monte recommended him. Apparently Solich wanted to hire Monte as DC but he had just won the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay and declined the offer but told him to hire Bo away from Green Bay.

Now that Bo is HC of Monte's alma mater, he probably takes some pride in seeing Bo thrive here at Nebraska. I'm just glad Solich took Monte's recommendation when he did. It's weird to think how it could've turned out otherwise.

Well Solich's job was on the line so i don't think he had much choice. Too bad Bo didn't get the job after he won a bowl for us. We would have never entered a dark era in husker football and wouldn't have had so many streaks broken like not having a losing season and bowls.

Before the Washington game I was wondering if Bo got scouting info from Monte Kiffin. I’m sure USC has some good info on the Huskies. Wouldn’t surprise me if they swapped info.

Well Solich's job was on the line so i don't think he had much choice. Too bad Bo didn't get the job after he won a bowl for us. We would have never entered a dark era in husker football and wouldn't have had so many streaks broken like not having a losing season and bowls.

True, we probably wouldn't have seen anything that resembled the Black Hole of Husker football history. However, IIRC Bo was planning on hiring Lane Kiffin as his OC if he got the job. Wonder what Lane's career would have turned out like under that scenario?

True, we probably wouldn't have seen anything that resembled the Black Hole of Husker football history. However, IIRC Bo was planning on hiring Lane Kiffin as his OC if he got the job. Wonder what Lane's career would have turned out like under that scenario?

Lane Kiffin is a good OC. HC is a different story. Take a look at the KC Chiefs both Weis and Crennel are back at their old jobs.

But Kiffin did what any other coach did was go back to a school he wanted to coach at. You can't blame him for that.

I always thought ole monte was a dark horse HC prospect for us. He created the blackshirt traditions with bob and made us what we are. But it is funny how it has all worked out.

I always thought ole monte was a dark horse HC prospect for us. He created the blackshirt traditions with bob and made us what we are. But it is funny how it has all worked out.

Actually DL coach George Kelly gets the credit for creating the Blackshirt tradition. Coach Mike Corgan was the one responsible for buying the shirts, but Kelly was the one who called the 1st stringers "Blackshirts" when they were practicing and then it caught on with the rest of the coaching staff and the Blackshirt tradition was born. Monte succeeded Kelly when he retired.