**UPDATED** Nebraska stays @ 6 in Coaches Poll but drops one spot in AP Poll

Nexus

Actually there is a big gap as far as I am concerned between Bama, the Ducks and everyone else. But there is a long ways to go yet.

i agree, partially. Bama looked S C A R Y yesterday. I dont think anyone in the country comes close to their 1-2 punch of Ingraham and Richardson. the Ducks, while impressive, give up too many points.

Its getting close to time when the polls actually matter, this makes the Texas game a even more scary. Its one thing when it was two top 10 teams, but now losing to an unranked, fired up, texas team who is on 13 days rest is whole new story

I agree. UT isn't going to suddenly lay down for us. They'll be seeking blood when they come to Lincoln.

Oklahoma won by one score on a neutral site and benefited from a few really boneheaded and/or controversial penalties. Last week UCLA dominated Texas from start to finish in Austin. UCLA then went on to struggle against the worst BCS school, Wazzu.

So, I guess I missed the part where Oklahoma's win was impressive.

Now they drop us?!?! That makes sense, don't drop us at all after an abysmal game against a FCS school last week, but then mark us down a spot when we don't even play a game! Anyone else think these polls are wacky?

i'm not surprised we got jumped. they played and we didn't... therefore they won and we didn't. it doesn't feel right until you look at the win-loss column.

Oklahoma won by one score on a neutral site and benefited from a few really boneheaded and/or controversial penalties. Last week UCLA dominated Texas from start to finish in Austin. UCLA then went on to struggle against the worst BCS school, Wazzu.

yeah and also I believe that 0u only scored 1 td in the 2nd half. Tcu only won 27-0 against colorado state,and that team is 1-4

Now Boomer was impressive in the first half. Their first two drives looked too easy. I believe with like 3 minutes to go in the 1st half OU had 17 first downs to Texas' 3. That is impressive and dominant. The only reason the game was 8 points in the end was because of OU's boneheaded plays at the end. The fake field goal was a major brain fart and then Landry tried to hand the Whorns the game with his fumble that somehow made it out of bounds. OU had a lot of success moving the ball and UT still has no clue of what they are on offense.

Now yes, Bama looks realy good, but I think a lot of that game was more of how bad Florida is this year. The Gators lost a ton of talent and like Texas is trying to put a square peg in a round hole at QB. Also like Texas the Gators running game is a joke and completely in shambles. The have looked lost most the year except for the Kentucky game.

Worrying about zero U moving ahead of us is totally silly. From their body of work, they should be ranked higher.

The truth is if we are 4/0 in October, we will be in the top five and belong there. If we go 2/2 or worse we shouldn't be in the top 25 and likely will not be. I would put the odds of those two scenarios as equal. Our fate is in the teams hand. Many of you believe act like it is in the Hands of the scribes. We have a perfect record against a weak schedule. The meaningful games.begin Thursday.

At least I'm starting to get some validation in my previous statements that Oregon should be on top of the pack presently. Florida has played terribly all season, they were overranked going into that game. I believe that Stanford was a better win than Arkansas.

Oregon has to start showing some kind of a consistant defense against FBS competition(which we will see now that they are in conference play) before I put them on top of the mountain. Offensively they are fun to watch and score like a video game. But still don't know if I am completely sold on their QB as a thrower. But I'd put Oregon as a solid 2 ahead of Boise actually.

I think every team in the top ten have some large kinks in their armor. Some more than others but there is a lot of ???'s with all these teams. Should be fun as we start getting into the meat of the season.

Because as bad as Texas might be, they have more talent than any team in the country and beating them is never going to be a cake walk.

Because as bad as Texas might be, they have more talent than any team in the country and beating them is never going to be a cake walk.

I wouldn't say that they have the MOST talent,as far a depth wise they probally are the most stacked with talent in the country though.

Alabama is winning the national championship. At this point I don't want to go undefeated because that might mean playing them, which would be a huge embarrassment. I would love to play Boise State or TCU in a bowl game and put them in their place. Wouldn't want to play Oregon either, their running attack would do a number on us. This is all assuming we beat Texas, OSU, Mizzou, and possibly OU.

Alabama is winning the national championship. At this point I don't want to go undefeated because that might mean playing them, which would be a huge embarrassment. I would love to play Boise State or TCU in a bowl game and put them in their place. Wouldn't want to play Oregon either, their running attack would do a number on us. This is all assuming we beat Texas, OSU, Mizzou, and possibly OU.

Oh alabama is winning the national championship,I thought there was still over half a season to go?

Now Boomer was impressive in the first half. Their first two drives looked too easy. I believe with like 3 minutes to go in the 1st half OU had 17 first downs to Texas' 3. That is impressive and dominant. The only reason the game was 8 points in the end was because of OU's boneheaded plays at the end. The fake field goal was a major brain fart and then Landry tried to hand the Whorns the game with his fumble that somehow made it out of bounds. OU had a lot of success moving the ball and UT still has no clue of what they are on offense.

So OU's boneheaded plays shouldn't count towards they're ranking, or the entire second half for that matter?