Nation's best freshman quarterback

I didn't say anything about Lord being a PASSER like Taylor, I said he could have a similar career. 31-6, conference championship, that kind of career. Not sure how people took that to mean Lord could pass.

oh I wasn't talking about your post,when Cy said that he thinks T-Martinez is jammal lord in disguise it looked like to me that he was suggesting that Taylor was a bad passer.

I didn't say anything about Lord being a PASSER like Taylor, I said he could have a similar career. 31-6, conference championship, that kind of career. Not sure how people took that to mean Lord could pass.

oh I wasn't talking about your post,when Cy said that he thinks T-Martinez is jammal lord in disguise it looked like to me that he was suggesting that Taylor was a bad passer.

I wasn't replying to your post, home boy.

I wasn't replying to your post, home boy.

uh ok... Lol I feel retarded now :)

Martinez will be a better QB than Lord was because he has a better head on his shoulders. Lord's biggest problem was that he was so predictable. Whenever he audibled, there was a 90% chance that the play was option right where he carried the ball. The other 10% of the time it was option left where he carried the ball. While I'm not a fan of Craig Bohl, Lord running the offense in 2002 pretty much sealed Bohl's fate. We were bad in 2002 because of all the 3 and outs, losing big time the time of possession battle, and having the defense on the field 3 out of 4 quarters. Watching our offense in 2002 was as painful as watching our offense in 2009. I still remember playing Penn State in 2002. We couldn't do anything on offense. We scored a measely 7 points on a team that ended up losing 4 games that year and allowed an average of nearly 18 points put up on them by their opponent. It wasn't much different when we played Iowa State. Iowa State's D gave up over 28 points per game, but we only managed to score half of that. What most people don't realize is that statistically our Defense finished the 2002 season ranked higher (55) than our Offense finished (61). While Lord was a great athlete, I just don't think he was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Martinez will be a better QB than Lord was because he has a better head on his shoulders. Lord's biggest problem was that he was so predictable. Whenever he audibled, there was a 90% chance that the play was option right where he carried the ball. The other 10% of the time it was option left where he carried the ball. While I'm not a fan of Craig Bohl, Lord running the offense in 2002 pretty much sealed Bohl's fate. We were bad in 2002 because of all the 3 and outs, losing big time the time of possession battle, and having the defense on the field 3 out of 4 quarters. Watching our offense in 2002 was as painful as watching our offense in 2009. I still remember playing Penn State in 2002. We couldn't do anything on offense. We scored a measely 7 points on a team that ended up losing 4 games that year and allowed an average of nearly 18 points put up on them by their opponent. It wasn't much different when we played Iowa State. Iowa State's D gave up over 28 points per game, but we only managed to score half of that. What most people don't realize is that statistically our Defense finished the 2002 season ranked higher (55) than our Offense finished (61). While Lord was a great athlete, I just don't think he was the sharpest tool in the shed.

Lord was also one of 11 guys on Offense. The other ten also contributed to our mediocre offense that year, I think.

Please don't say Lord sealed the fate of Bohl. Bohl was unable to adjust.

A close friend sat down with Watson one day and asked what he did to make that 62-36 debacle what it was. Watson said when he ran a guy in motion, he could pinpoint the defense we were running because one safety would come up near the line of scrimmage toward the motion guy and the other safety would move over into coverage, thus isolating him for the linebacker. He did this the 1st time (Chris Brown I think?) ran the counter right up the gut on us. CU came back on offense, lined up in a similar formation, ran a guy in motion, and guess what? Safety drops down, the other safety moves over, and bam...another freaking long run on the counter. Watson said he ran that play over and over, thinking that after the 1st half NU's defense would adjust, yet Bohl never did.

Bohl sealed his own fate, not Jamaal Lord.

Just adding my .02 about Lord...guy was not a great passer but had a nice touch on the long ball.

I disagree with this. I distinctly remember him missing wide open long balls on multiple occasions... there were a couple times I remember receivers wide open downfield and lord would toss a duck so far off Target it would land 5 yards out of bounds. all he would have needed to do was throw it in bounds and it was a td. So frustrating. He could tote the rock with the best of them though

Martinez is really good for a freshman... as he matures he will get much better at passing. Just needs repetition and more comfort at this level. By the time he is a senior he will be playing with defenses

Just adding my .02 about Lord...guy was not a great passer but had a nice touch on the long ball.

I disagree with this. I distinctly remember him missing wide open long balls on multiple occasions... there were a couple times I remember receivers wide open downfield and lord would toss a duck so far off Target it would land 5 yards out of bounds. all he would have needed to do was throw it in bounds and it was a td. So frustrating. He could tote the rock with the best of them though

Martinez is really good for a freshman... as he matures he will get much better at passing. Just needs repetition and more comfort at this level. By the time he is a senior he will be playing with defenses

For a running QB, Lord could throw a pretty long ball. Sure he missed open receivers, but so does Peyton Manning. But Peyton Manning can't run like Jammal Lord.

Uh...I actually liked Lord. He was fun to watch.

As for the Austin Arnaud comments...you're preaching to the choir. I think anybody here could tell you I'm not a big fan of Arnaud. Has all the tools but not the head for big time college football.

I liked to watch jammal lord run but his inability to throw to a wide open receivers and his decision making frustrated me.I still remember the int that he had against Texas that he threw into triple coverage around Texas goaline,we could of took it into overtime but he forced it in there.