What is the average week for a college football coach during season?

Sorry I need this for a paper, if anyone could find this in some form of article or from the words of a coach that would really helpful. I know Osborne some what describes this in his new book, but I don't have it. If there is any info that anyone could find it would be much appreciated. Please provide a link if possible thank you!

Long, grueling weeks are becoming worse for coaches, Purdue's Danny Hope said. "During football season, an 80-hour week is a light week based on the fact that you have to recruit now during the season," he said. "The recruiting calendar moved up ... The hours you put in during the season, a 100-hour (week) is now the norm.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/09/25/20100925college-football-coaches-face-weekly-stress-tests.html#ixzz11RjCtxSQ

Long, grueling weeks are becoming worse for coaches, Purdue's Danny Hope said. "During football season, an 80-hour week is a light week based on the fact that you have to recruit now during the season," he said. "The recruiting calendar moved up ... The hours you put in during the season, a 100-hour (week) is now the norm.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/09/25/20100925college-football-coaches-face-weekly-stress-tests.html#ixzz11RjCtxSQ

• Fire 1

Considering how many coaches are having heart attacks these days, I'm guessing it's hard, heh.

one? :dunno

For some reason I thought Urban Meyer had had a heart attack when he retired for a week last year. (I actually didn't pay much attention to it when it happened). But he only had "frequent chest pains (later discovered to be caused by esophageal spasms) and occasional severe headaches due to an arachnoid cyst for years, and that they were related to stress"

Sorry I need this for a paper, if anyone could find this in some form of article or from the words of a coach that would really helpful. I know Osborne some what describes this in his new book, but I don't have it. If there is any info that anyone could find it would be much appreciated. Please provide a link if possible thank you!

Hmmm.... While I'm generally a pretty helpful guy, I think you should do your own research. I know it's hard, and I know it's really easy to ask, but you're not going to learn anything by having us do your work for you.

I think a lot of it probably depends on the coach and their location. I remember reading one time that Bob Stoops left KState as their D coordinator making a lateral move to Florida because of the hour workload difference. Snyder was said to put in 18+ hours a day at KState, and he for the most part expected the same from his assistants. At Florida, Spurrier wasn't nearly as demanding. Thus, they didn't put nearly as many hours in per week. A lot of it probably also depends on the head coach's leadership style. Some head coaches delegate rather well putting more trust therefore more of the workload on assistants while other head coaches want to be in on ever aspect of the game therefore taking on more of the workload. I guess the question I have is of the total workload, how much is for game preparation and how much is for recruiting during the season?

Thanks man this worked perfectly

Hmmm.... While I'm generally a pretty helpful guy, I think you should do your own research. I know it's hard, and I know it's really easy to ask, but you're not going to learn anything by having us do your work for you.

Haha I looked for the longest time and just couldn't find anything. I even went out and bought Osborne's last book and looked through it for like 2 hours, but I could never find the passage I remembered. It was only a paragraph in a 6 page paper, the rest I did find myself

Considering how many coaches are having heart attacks these days, I'm guessing it's hard, heh.

gotta ask, where did you get the name moiraine?

Wheel of Time :D

sooooo geeked for novemeber 2nd, and damn it greandel isn't dead. May al'lan Mandargon's dirty hussie wife die from nae'blis

and may logain strike mazraim taim down.

heh my last Star Wars Saga Edition campaign had a...different npc that always wore white dresses named selene.