You Don't Give Pelini(s) Two Weeks To Prep For A One-Trick Pony

It's a strange fb season. I would have thought TT would have played much better against Ioway State on D since KSU, no defensive powerhouse defeated them. The fact that the clones had their way with TT would hint that perhaps either they are better on offense or KSU was not as bad on D as I had concluded.

We have to play them both so we will find out. My guess would be that there will be many surprises in conference play with no team going unscathed. I would hope that we don't get nicked at KSU as that will shake some confidence of a young QB. After some success in conference play, an upset will not be pleasant but will not be as hard on the young players as it would to lose the first game.

I'm hoping few mistakes, and jump out to a two score lead (either said than done perhaps). That will cause the old man to open up and Coffman is not to be confused with Tom Brady.

It's a strange fb season. I would have thought TT would have played much better against Ioway State on D since KSU, no defensive powerhouse defeated them. The fact that the clones had their way with TT would hint that perhaps either they are better on offense or KSU was not as bad on D as I had concluded.

We have to play them both so we will find out. My guess would be that there will be many surprises in conference play with no team going unscathed. I would hope that we don't get nicked at KSU as that will shake some confidence of a young QB. After some success in conference play, an upset will not be pleasant but will not be as hard on the young players as it would to lose the first game.

I'm hoping few mistakes, and jump out to a two score lead (either said than done perhaps). That will cause the old man to open up and Coffman is not to be confused with Tom Brady.

No man iowa state is still horrible,Texas tech is just that bad because they dont have Mike leach calling the plays. Tommy doesnt know how to run the offense like leach did,I dont think that he knows what he doing.They would have scored 30+points against Texas if leach was there,they have scored 30+ points against Texas every year until this year.

Yeah, Tech is bad. We held them to 144 yards and 7 offensive points. The only reason our score looked close is because Garrett threw a pick at their 13 yd line that was taken all the way back. If we finish that drive and punch it in instead of turning it over, that score would've been 31-7. And look how much we suck, so you know Tech is awful.

No the reason Tech was so bad was because they used their alternate white helmet (didn't catch enough of the game to know if they wore all white). Seriously look at last year and you'll see just how stupid it is to use an all white helmet, practically every team that did it lost and lost badly (UF in SECCG, Cinnci in Sugar Bowl, Arizona in the Holiday, and there were a couple more I'm sure).

I don't think you could be more wrong.

KSU can move the ball on the ground, and I have no doubt they will. You cannot say our LB's "MATCHUP" better than their RB. Who Snyder(a man I respect) says is the best back he has ever coached.

Drink your kool-aid bruh, this ones on the road at KSU, this is the one game KSU is going to get up for. Better be ready for a battle. NEB 28 KSU 17

• Fire 1

KSU can move the ball on the ground, and I have no doubt they will. You cannot say our LB's "MATCHUP" better than their RB. Who Snyder(a man I respect) says is the best back he has ever coached.

Drink your kool-aid bruh, this ones on the road at KSU, this is the one game KSU is going to get up for. Better be ready for a battle. NEB 28 KSU 17

UCF's run defense would probably argue that point, they completely dominated that "best Snyder coached back ever", just sayin'.

There is no way that the score will be that close K-state is going to be half dead mid way through the 3rd quarter,they don't have good depth and they are 102nd in the country in run defense.

Never Sker'd, sorry if I'm bursting your bubble, but you know that that's not really Martinez's facebook page don't you?

There is no way that the score will be that close K-state is going to be half dead mid way through the 3rd quarter,they don't have good depth and they are 102nd in the country in run defense.

Yup, I agree. They have no depth and their starters aren't very good. Again, unless we just puke all over ourselves, their talent level is WAY below ours and I'll put our staff against theirs right now as well. Bill Snyder is a good man and a good coach, but this isn't the mid 90's Snyder. He's in over his head and doesn't have Bishop or Roberson walking on that field any time soon, nor does he have Lockett, Morgan, Newman, Buhle, etc, etc, etc. His team is VERY down on talent and simply can't match up with us for 4 quarters, without us killing ourselves, they just can't.

Strange things happen and happen on the road, but Pelini teams on the road are VERY, VERY good! They simply thrive being off of the hatred, they love it!

UCF's run defense would probably argue that point, they completely dominated that "best Snyder coached back ever", just sayin'.

South Dakota State would probably argue a few points guys are trying to make as well. Let's just keep in all in perspective. KState was looking ahead to their matchup with Nebraska while Nebraska was looking ahead to their matchup with Texas. Both teams got knocked back a peg or two. If we do end up blowing KState out, I'd venture to guess a lot of our scoring will come in the fourth quarter. We won't have to play completely error free to win this game. However, we can't play as flat as we did against South Dakota State or play hot potato with the football like we did against Idaho and expect to win this game.

The times we've looked flat this year we were up 21-0 & 31-3 at half and I know it's easy to say, but the SDSU game was a total anomaly if you ask me. Bunch of kids/coaches looking forward to the bye week/long weekend. NOBODY was prepared or up at all.

I think we'll be fine in this game, again, we matchup VERY well against these guys.

Never Sker'd, sorry if I'm bursting your bubble, but you know that that's not really Martinez's facebook page don't you?

LOL, I've been wanting to point that out to him, but I didn't have the heart. Taylor's real FB is under the name Taylor Made.

If Nebraska loses Thursday, it will be because they beat themselves with turnovers and penalties. NU outclasses KSU in every category and there is no reason to suspect that just because they didn't massacre what basically amounts to a preseason scrimmage opponent that all of the sudden we have no offense and our run D is going to let open semi-truck lanes. Things happen in football. Ask any team in the Big XII. Ask any team that's not named Alabama.

Good luck KSU!!

Guys, put the SDSU game in the rearview mirror, it was an anomaly and the team was in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM ready to play or even cared about the game. You talking about a bunch of 18-22 year old college kids who sat and read headlines all week and saw nothing but a glorified high school team standing between them and a week off! If you've played any kind of organized sport, you can think of a game where you were on the MUCH MORE dominant team and got punched in the mouth and struggled to get your legs. SDSU game was simply one of those "weird" games, fact is, we won. You can't erase 3 solid games with one that went in the crapper.

Football is all about matchups and there isn't a matchup in this game where we aren't DOMINANT! People can talk about our run D all they want, look at last year's "preseason" games statistically and we were nothing to shout about at times. These coaches ramp up for this time of year. We'll come at ksu with offensive and especially defensive schemes that nobody has seen this year.

KSU has shown that they have no ability to even slow down a running offense and are flat out HORRIBLE at containing mobile QB's. Unless we get the fumbles, we could put up 400+ yards on the ground. Hell, Missouri State put up 440 yards of offense on them and UCF manhandled them up front.

Again, you don't give Pelini two weeks to prepare for a 100% one-trick pony, you just can't do it. They may give up some yards in the first quarter, but there is NO WAY that they will be able to simply line up and run it on us, no way. The key will be getting ksu into 3rd and 4+ yards, then flat out TEE OFF on Coffman. This is quite possibly the worst QB we've seen to date and we all know what Pelini is capable when it comes to confusing QB's.

Guys, this is what our team/coaches are built to do, they flat out THRIVE on road games in primetime, they LOVE IT. Especially after our last crapper of a game, they are all looking to come out and make a HUGE statement going into conference play that we are the team to beat in this lameduck conference!

NU 42

ksu 13

This one gets ugly early and we tee off on Coffman and keep DT in the backfield all night long. The bye week couldn't have come at a better time for our inexperienced LB's, this one is going to be fun and a kick ass coming out party!!!!

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

MOD EDIT - This belongs in the Woodshed.