K-State Analysis Thread

I have a feeling that teams are going to start putting more than one defensive back shadowing Martinez, and we will be force to start using the pass...but I also have the belief that we have some receivers that are finally up to NCAA Div I levels finally. It is about time. I can understand Niles Paul being frustrated right now, but I have a feeling that his day is coming...maybe sooner than we think. I believe Watson, when he says "We haven't shown anything yet, because we haven't had to". I think the rest of the Big XII has their hands full this year with this Husker team. GBR!

Kickoff coverage was mediocre at best.

Tmart & David - what's there to say? Studs all around.

AND, Niles Paul didn't fumble! And neither did Green! Progress! :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn:

Green didnt fumble but when he was in for taylor martinez in the 4th quarter for the first time, he handed it off to dontravious robinson and robinson he fumbled it.

I think motivation plays a great deal into outcomes, as well as momentum.

If we really get out on a team, we can crush their morale and steamroll them. That's what UCLA did to Texas, which fell apart in the face of adversity the same way Washington and now KSU did when coming up against us. This is very promising - if we get up on top of Texas, we could simply blow them away, don't care how athletic or good their defense is once they stop believing in themselves. So I'm very optimistic the 'answer' we get this week is gonna be a real good one.

BUT, the other side of that is how will we respond if it becomes a battle, and we can't get anything going. How will this year's team, and Taylor specifically, respond if we have to tough it out for 60 full minutes? I would hope that Taylor will be patient, settle down, and let the plays come to him.

I guess that's not so much KSU analysis as a UT prediction, but there it is: we could steamroll the Longhorns, or it could get a bit ugly in the other direction. Honestly thought the Wildcats and Snyder would have more fight in them, but you can bet anything those players in Austin do NOT want to lose three straight.

This is what a lot of people failed to realize about TO. He crushed teams. He didn't do it for polls or stats or recruits. He did it so the next opponent was in fear. Teams feared TO's Huskers. Many many games were won 14-0 in the first quarter. The opponent quit early. To me this was Solich's biggest downfall. He couldn't put his foot on the opponents throat. Snyder also understood this. It's why they ran up the score so much.....Texas Tech too....good coaches understand the psyche of these kids. Bo gets it.

I think motivation plays a great deal into outcomes, as well as momentum.

If we really get out on a team, we can crush their morale and steamroll them. That's what UCLA did to Texas, which fell apart in the face of adversity the same way Washington and now KSU did when coming up against us. This is very promising - if we get up on top of Texas, we could simply blow them away, don't care how athletic or good their defense is once they stop believing in themselves. So I'm very optimistic the 'answer' we get this week is gonna be a real good one.

BUT, the other side of that is how will we respond if it becomes a battle, and we can't get anything going. How will this year's team, and Taylor specifically, respond if we have to tough it out for 60 full minutes? I would hope that Taylor will be patient, settle down, and let the plays come to him.

I guess that's not so much KSU analysis as a UT prediction, but there it is: we could steamroll the Longhorns, or it could get a bit ugly in the other direction. Honestly thought the Wildcats and Snyder would have more fight in them, but you can bet anything those players in Austin do NOT want to lose three straight.

This is what a lot of people failed to realize about TO. He crushed teams. He didn't do it for polls or stats or recruits. He did it so the next opponent was in fear. Teams feared TO's Huskers. Many many games were won 14-0 in the first quarter. The opponent quit early. To me this was Solich's biggest downfall. He couldn't put his foot on the opponents throat. Snyder also understood this. It's why they ran up the score so much.....Texas Tech too....good coaches understand the psyche of these kids. Bo gets it.

I think it's especially important this year to step on necks. I still don't trust the 12 refs to not give us a bum call if the game is close. The con doesn't want us walking out with the championship.

After replaying the game over the weekend, I noticed our defense did something different than normal when KSU audibled at the line. I know I'm not the only one who noticed this, but I haven't seen any pub about it yet. Whenever Coffman audibled, our entire D looked to the sideline for a call from coaches. I hadn't noticed this until now, so I'm thinking Carl is taking the reigns on defensive audibles, rather than one of our LBs. Obviously this worked out pretty well for our D, so I wonder if we'll be seeing more of this in the future. Does anyone have info about this?