K-State Analysis Thread

Martinez against KSU: 241 rushing yards

Lee against FAU, ASU, VT, ULL, MU, TT, ISU, BU, OU, KU, KSU and CU: 171 rushing yards

Not trying to pile on... I like Lee. But the difference is remarkable.

Ok, not to be a dick, but let's look at passing stats for those same games.

yeaaaaaa

T-Magic was on fire tonight. Breaking two records and he tied for most TD's in a game. Great job kid, you can definately see a bright future for this kid over the next 3 to 4 years.

I'll tell you what, when you can run around defenders like that, you can pretty much name the number of rushing yards you get. So, I'm not going to say this was a Heisman-defining performance or anything, but it was damn good and our offense showed up today and had their way.

I do have some concerns about how we will fair against a defense that has athleticism to match. We can run up whatever we want right now, but if the defense can nullify the big plays, what will we have left? Those are some concerns that haven't really changed.

But what the hey. I enjoy the heck out of all these highlights - meaningful or not. Hopefully Taylor supplies us with some crunch time performances against Texas next week.

How easily they got their dinky passes off... that was a little unsettling. It was just nice of them to try to run occasionally (and fail). There just wasn't an effective answer for passes under 10 yards. I think they could have kept doing that all night, and I have no idea why they kept calling their runfails. But, okay. That's fine. Keep it on the ground, you couldn't even get 5 yards on the ground against the 2nd team defense.

They threw short because that's what we were giving them.

It's all...a part of the plan.

I believe you have the wrong clown in your avatar...

Martinez against KSU: 241 rushing yards

Lee against FAU, ASU, VT, ULL, MU, TT, ISU, BU, OU, KU, KSU and CU: 171 rushing yards

Not trying to pile on... I like Lee. But the difference is remarkable.

Ok, not to be a dick, but let's look at passing stats for those same games.

yeaaaaaa

T-Magic was on fire tonight. Breaking two records and he tied for most TD's in a game. Great job kid, you can definately see a bright future for this kid over the next 3 to 4 years.

T-Mart: 71.4%

Lee: 58.6%

:P

I'll tell you what, when you can run around defenders like that, you can pretty much name the number of rushing yards you get. So, I'm not going to say this was a Heisman-defining performance or anything, but it was damn good and our offense showed up today and had their way.

I do have some concerns about how we will fair against a defense that has athleticism to match. We can run up whatever we want right now, but if the defense can nullify the big plays, what will we have left? Those are some concerns that haven't really changed.

But what the hey. I enjoy the heck out of all these highlights - meaningful or not. Hopefully Taylor supplies us with some crunch time performances against Texas next week.

You'll have your answer by the end of next Saturday. Texas will be the best defense we face this year, outside of a bowl game. If we can put up points on them, we can put up points on anyone else left on our schedule.

On the field, is Taylor's speed deceiving. On all his long runs tonight it seemed like the defenders were taking horrible angles, and it's been happening all year. Just a thought. But he is so Crouch like, one little crease and it's good night. oLINE baby, oline.

Exactly.

Watching him tonight live.....it's really unreal how he makes the opponent's defensive players look like they're in slow motion. Especially the first 10 to 20 yrds it's like they've got cement buckets on their feet.

I would like to say to all those who still doubt our defense, you don't understand football. People will move the ball on us, but Bo's defense is setup to stop big plays. Make a D chip 4 yards away at a time down the field, 25 plays there is bound to be a mistake. That's the idea, our players know where to be to help create mistakes, bend but don't break.... GO BIG RED.

On the field, is Taylor's speed deceiving. On all his long runs tonight it seemed like the defenders were taking horrible angles, and it's been happening all year. Just a thought. But he is so Crouch like, one little crease and it's good night. oLINE baby, oline.

Exactly.

Watching him tonight live.....it's really unreal how he makes the opponent's defensive players look like they're in slow motion. Especially the first 10 to 20 yrds it's like they've got cement buckets on their feet.

That 80 yard run up the middle was ridiculous, there were 6 defenders that pretty much had him corraled for oh say a 10 yard gain, then BAM!!, theyre all chasing him in one big purple blob.