Did you see the "I hate N" sign last night??

mwj98

Maybe since I live in Texas I don't see or hear much of the Nebraska bashing. Mainly Texas and A&M.....I was amazed at the sign I saw last night. I couldn't believe the vitriol people have for Nebraska. Mind boggling. Made dinner taste a little better after bashing their heads in. But I was a little shocked. And then the other sign "Trea$on" I couldn't believe it. Classless. Oh well...

BTW....I think it was a little early to talk heisman with T-magic. The announcers had serious man-crushes going on with him. But, it is nice to hear some positive news.

I love that other teams fans hate Nebraska. I have always struggled with the niceness factor that went into our games with our conference opponents. I saw nothing wrong with anything that was on the signs or t-shirts last night. As long as the banter doesnt include the fword or stuff about dead people Im totally cool with it.

If a sign that said I Hate N or Trea$on gets your goat maybe thicker skin is needed.

FWIW: I remember driving down Maple St here in Omaha a few years back and some boob had tombstones in his yard that said RIP Steve Pederson, Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove. I find that way more disturbing.

Meh... I say let opposing fans have their fun. I thought the trea$on sign was funny. A little (somewhat deserved) ribbing out the door isnt going to hurt us.

The ribbing isn't going to hurt us, but I disagree that it was deserved. You are supposed to hate the other team (to a certain extent), but, the entire Big 12 deserted NU years ago by falling in lock-step with Texas and voting against Nebraska at every chance. They got what they wanted: they couldn't beat us on the field so they decided to beat us in the boardroom. And we got a better deal. Like one astute poster pointed out, 11-1.

KSU (and the rest of the Big 12) is just jealous. If they had the opportunity the we had, they would've jumped at the chance to go. But once the Big 12 implodes, they will be lucky to be in the WAC, MCW, or MVC. They know it, and they hate it.

They got the short end of the stick. You can't understand their frustration? Walk a mile in their shoes. What if Mizzou got the big 10 bid?

A decade and a half of siding exclusively with the Texas contingent of the Big XII in all matters critical to the development of the conference despite reasoned, logical arguments put forth by Osborne and UNL does not equate to Kansas State, Iowa State, Missouri, Colorado, Kansas, or anyone else in this conference getting "the short end of the stick."

They made their bed, and now they can lay in it. I have zero sympathy for any Big XII North team in this situation.

I mean, how original. "I Hate N"...wow, took some thought to make that one up I think I'm gonna make a sign that says "Go Football" Or "Win Nebraska Win" for the next game.

Just don't make a sign that says "Beat Texas," because if word gets out to the national media that we intend to beat the Whorns it'll be a huge deal.

I blame us too for our divorce from the big 12. I understand why it was done, but we were the actionable party in this thing. Even if its not "deserved", the fact that its understandable and expected makes it ok. As long as no one is assaulting you, you should be able to handle it.

I guess I don't see the need for the word "blame." We got a better deal, in a conference more akin to the old Big 8 that most Husker fans best associate with, and we're going to a situation where each team has an equal voice, not a conference where one or two teams dominate the direction.

And I could also point out that we were not the ONLY actionable party in our move. Missouri was all but begging the Big 10 to take them. Texas was openly courting offers from the Big 10, the SEC and the Pac-10, including hosting members of each conference for discussions of a possible move. Colorado, of course, was the first team to move out of the Big XII, followed closely by Nebraska. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M were also openly discussing a move to the Pac-10. Baylor was so openly courting a new conference they had their local representatives in their State Legislature drafting bills to require a move by the other three Texas schools to include them.

Meanwhile, through all of this very public discourse on the impending dissolution of the Big XII, Nebraska conducted its business very quietly, very humbly, and with honor. We were above-board with our actions, and we fully explained why we had to do what we did. Contrast that with Texas open use of Chip Brown as their mouthpiece in the process, and I simply cannot understand how you can contend that we were THE actionable party.