Did you see the "I hate N" sign last night??

mwj98

Yeah K-State fans have zero class. besides are signs were pretty hilarious anyway. im just glad we destroyed them. Maybe they will shut up now

Welcome to the board!

Whether they shut up now or not is pretty irrelevant, isn't it? We're done with these guys now, at least in Football. We'll cycle through all the sports in the next nine months, then we're done with them, and they can yap all they want.

I blame us too for our divorce from the big 12. I understand why it was done, but we were the actionable party in this thing. Even if its not "deserved", the fact that its understandable and expected makes it ok. As long as no one is assaulting you, you should be able to handle it.

I guess I don't see the need for the word "blame." We got a better deal, in a conference more akin to the old Big 8 that most Husker fans best associate with, and we're going to a situation where each team has an equal voice, not a conference where one or two teams dominate the direction.

And I could also point out that we were not the ONLY actionable party in our move. Missouri was all but begging the Big 10 to take them. Texas was openly courting offers from the Big 10, the SEC and the Pac-10, including hosting members of each conference for discussions of a possible move. Colorado, of course, was the first team to move out of the Big XII, followed closely by Nebraska. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M were also openly discussing a move to the Pac-10. Baylor was so openly courting a new conference they had their local representatives in their State Legislature drafting bills to require a move by the other three Texas schools to include them.

Meanwhile, through all of this very public discourse on the impending dissolution of the Big XII, Nebraska conducted its business very quietly, very humbly, and with honor. We were above-board with our actions, and we fully explained why we had to do what we did. Contrast that with Texas open use of Chip Brown as their mouthpiece in the process, and I simply cannot understand how you can contend that we were THE actionable party.

You're right. There is no need for blame. I guess my only real point is to let their fans have their fun. They aren't bad fans for jeering us. I had a great time last night and had nothing but good football talk with all those around me.

i thought the k-state fans were the worst fans i have ever been around, before the first quarter was over i had a ksu fan screaming f*ck nebraska and f*ck you right in my face and then early in the second quarter he tried to push me but fell and push an older lady who was standing next to me in the isle and she was a ksu fan! i thought most of them were very classless! my girlfriend goes to ksu and after last night she swore her allegiance to nebraska because of the way we handled ourselves at the game

K-State, collectively, has a bunch of terrible terrible fans. Case in point: one of my roommates is in the band, and he said they were booed at AND things were thrown at them while they were trying to move band gear into the stadium. Boxes, pop bottles, etc. were all thrown at them.

Then, when the band was on the field, the stadium booed the entire time during the performance and turned their backs on the band. That was until, of course, the band played their rendition of single ladies and then people started to pay attention.

Bunch of classless @$$es. They deserved to get their you know what beat.

i thought the k-state fans were the worst fans i have ever been around, before the first quarter was over i had a ksu fan screaming f*ck nebraska and f*ck you right in my face and then early in the second quarter he tried to push me but fell and push an older lady who was standing next to me in the isle and she was a ksu fan! i thought most of them were very classless! my girlfriend goes to ksu and after last night she swore her allegiance to nebraska because of the way we handled ourselves at the game

I agree the whole f*ck Nebraska chant that was going on in pregame was dumb. Also they were flat out nasty to me and my 2 KSU friends. It was so bad that 1 of my KSU fans friend left after the first quarter and wrote a letter to the dean of the school.

I was watching the game at the bar with a few KSU fans in the room, and when the "I hate N" sign came up on the screen, (Which by the way, give them credit, I bet it took a Kansas State fan the whole bye week to come up with that clever saying) I yelled,

"Awwww, but we will always LOVE YOU, Kansas State!!"

Maybe since I live in Texas I don't see or hear much of the Nebraska bashing. Mainly Texas and A&M.....I was amazed at the sign I saw last night. I couldn't believe the vitriol people have for Nebraska. Mind boggling. Made dinner taste a little better after bashing their heads in. But I was a little shocked. And then the other sign "Trea$on" I couldn't believe it. Classless. Oh well...

BTW....I think it was a little early to talk heisman with T-magic. The announcers had serious man-crushes going on with him. But, it is nice to hear some positive news.

I really liked the "I Hate N" sign because the guy holding it looked sooooo sad.

"(snif, sniff) I hate you guys!!!" (sob)

Maybe since I live in Texas I don't see or hear much of the Nebraska bashing. Mainly Texas and A&M.....I was amazed at the sign I saw last night. I couldn't believe the vitriol people have for Nebraska. Mind boggling. Made dinner taste a little better after bashing their heads in. But I was a little shocked. And then the other sign "Trea$on" I couldn't believe it. Classless. Oh well...

BTW....I think it was a little early to talk heisman with T-magic. The announcers had serious man-crushes going on with him. But, it is nice to hear some positive news.

I really liked the "I Hate N" sign because the guy holding it looked sooooo sad.

"(snif, sniff) I hate you guys!!!" (sob)

LOL....Somebody needed a hug!!!

I love that other team’s fans hate Nebraska. I have always struggled with the “niceness” factor that went into our games with our conference opponents. I saw nothing wrong with anything that was on the signs or t-shirts last night. As long as the banter doesn’t include the “f”word or stuff about dead people I’m totally cool with it.

If a sign that said I Hate N or Trea$on gets your goat maybe thicker skin is needed.

FWIW: I remember driving down Maple St here in Omaha a few years back and some boob had tombstones in his yard that said RIP Steve Pederson, Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove. I find that way more disturbing.

Newearthhusker....please don't read too much into my post about being upset. It was an observation. I actually thought it was odd. I didn't realize the dislike was that intense. Thicker skin is not needed.

The only thing I saw was at the game that I felt was classless was the chants about F*** Nebraska, and F*** Bo Pelini. I get being hyped up. But thats pretty low.

That and the Kstate fan that seriously pull out a cigarette and smoked it without a care in the world, right next to about 1 or 2 pregnant women i might add.

My first Kstate game, thankfully my last.