Fumblitis

Fuzzy

How long have we been seeing these problems? It really got to us during the Idaho, it seemed to be fixed by the Washington game, but it reared its ugly head back in during the SDSU game and now the KSU game. We are lucky to have fallen on the ball and recovered the fumbles on offense. But this is a problem, from Helu, Green, Paul, Martinez and now Burkhead. Fumbles kill good teams that look for a perfect season or near perfect season, I know Bo has said many time so far that the problem will be fix, but so far the progress has been very little. What is it going to take to get it through the players head, a loss that results from fumbling the ball too many times? I hope not. Pretty soon if we didn't have enough of a big target on our heads this season, here is another exploit that defenses can take advantage of, force the Huskers to fumble the ball. I know i am asking something i have no control over as a Husker fan, but for the love of God, no more fumbles for the rest of the season.

At least last night against KSU, you could see players wrapping the ball up with two hands throughout the night, so you know they're thinking about it. I'm sure it'll continue to be addressed.

Sometimes I wonder if this is just the risk you run with a running team. Osborne's teams often had fumble issues as well, I seem to remember. Hopefully they can get it fixed though, because I think that just about the only way UT can stick with us is if they win the turnover battle.

We're looking forward to a "fumblitis" relapse with great anticipation here in Ames... ;)

Unfortunately for you Cy, all of the really important turnovers you guys forced last year happened inside the 5 yard line (4 of them in all)... And since our offense generally only scores from 50 yards or further away, your best option is probably to just put a couple spies on Martinez and have them wait for him at the goal line.

• Fire 1

We're looking forward to a "fumblitis" relapse with great anticipation here in Ames... ;)

Unfortunately for you Cy, all of the really important turnovers you guys forced last year happened inside the 5 yard line (4 of them in all)... And since our offense generally only scores from 50 yards or further away, your best option is probably to just put a couple spies on Martinez and have them wait for him at the goal line.

Martinez...bah. We're gonna be running that new 1-3-4-4 defense that Wally drew up on a cocktail napkin at the bar last night. Prepare to be shocked!

Martinez...bah. We're gonna be running that new 1-3-4-4 defense that Wally drew up on a cocktail napkin at the bar last night. Prepare to be shocked!

Sounds good. All of the penalties for having 12 men on the field should cancel out our incessant fumbling. May the best team win from that point on. ;)

Yea that was the first time Burkhead has fumbled the ball, i think ever. I don't remember him fumbling the ball at all last year.

But its not just Texas that can take those turnovers and turn them into points for a win against Nebraska, Okie State, Mizzou, Texas A&M, maybe Colorado can win against if we cough up the ball too much.

But 17 times, that too much for just a span of 5 games, 3 of them being much weaker opponents. It makes a cold shiver run up my spine that we go into conference play against better teams with that kind of statistic hanging over our heads.

your posts never fail- hahaha