With all the attention Martin-ez is getting

I am I

So with all the attention Taylor deservedly gets, I think it actually helps us more that our defense is once again the glue of our team.

They closed the door on Locker, kept a feisty SDSU team out twice, shut down a great RB in Manhattan, and have have dome without the 'suh' hype. If teams and coaches continually focus on our QB, our defense can quietly go about it's business without so much pressure to keep teams to less than 10 points.

I know people recongnize how great they are and Bo and Carl aren't some great secret, but they will win us more games than out offense will this year. Just my 2cents about our great defense.

We saw yesterday what a good defense can do to a very talented runner/passer in Dennard. I am hoping we do not come to the same realization on Saturday. My guess is they will shut Taylor's running down, but Helu and Rex will have a good game.

If Taylor performs against Texas like he has in the other games, then Nebraska is totally for real as long as he stays healthy. We have major problems if he gets hurt either way.

Heading out Thursday nignt, did not come back last year so really excited about this game. I think we get by them, but still fear their luck and the crap that happens when we play them.

Texas main strength on defense is their secondary. That's not going to help them much vs Tmart/Roy/Rex. We'll hit them with smashmouth over & over and then kill them with Tmart exploding for long runs.

Haha....honestly, barring a massive turnover meltdown I just can't see Texas hanging with us.

Texas main strength on defense is their secondary. That's not going to help them much vs Tmart/Roy/Rex. We'll hit them with smashmouth over & over and then kill them with Tmart exploding for long runs.

Haha....honestly, barring a massive turnover meltdown I just can't see Texas hanging with us.

They also have speed rushers on the ends, which also doesn't help against zone read.

Texas has a very good defense as well. If they limit our offense and it's a defensive battle, anything can happen. I am very worried about this game.

Agreed I think it'll be a fight the whole game.

It could be a fight.. Our offense and their defense is an interesting matchup. However, our defense vs. their offense is not. I hope we get a TD on our opening drive, and then, like when after we scored our first 10 points on Arizona, I get a text from my Oregon fan friend: "10-0. This game is over. AZ can't score 10 points."

One thing I am hoping for as well is the emergence of Helu. That dude plays his best games in the biggest games (VT and OU both years). If he can have a big night that could be the difference. If we get a few picks on Gilbert, which we definitely should, we can lock this game up. Sprinkle in a few big runs from Martinez when the Texas D misses an assignment and we have the potential to win big. It really all comes down to Texas' defense.

Three things really stand out to me with this game.

1. We need to be able to consistantly run the ball down the field. Taylor's arm vs. UT's back four is not even close. The Horns have the only secondary that I would put up with NU's. UT's secondary will play a large role in this game as they will throw the extra defender in the box to shut down the and like DONU have corners good enough to man up on the outside.

2. UT's front seven vs the zone read. UCLA destroyed these guys with their zone read out of the Pistol formation. What formation did we see being ran a bunch last Thursday? UCLA also did this with a slower QB and probably RB that game. This may look good for us.

But UT doesn't have some blow hole as a DC. Wil Muschamp probably kicked UT's defense's ass last week and probably do the same thing this week. He is a lot like Bo in that he is very prideful and I am thinking that he will have something for Watson's offense. That is what scares me the most, Texas with an extra week of prep, that has been embarassed the last two time out on the field.

3. This maybe the first time that we have played UT and have had a huge edge on special teams. Last year with Lawrence for UT it was a push, but this year I think NU has a distinct advantage. Alex will probably end up winning this game for us. I think it will be that close. Home field will be nice, and I expect the WHorns to come out and play like a Big XII South contender. Gimmee NU 16, UT 14

All these posts are what I'm saying:

even if our O struggles, our defense is so salty, we can stay in the game until our offense manages something. Whereas last year, we were lucky to score 14 points and had to hold our breath as our defense stiffened like John Holmes.

However, at least we have the possiblity to make some plays on O. Our D is still great, but they don't have to do it alone!

Make no mistake about this game. texass will be out for blood and all they will need is a break or two early to gain confidence. They also may wilt if our quick strike offense can get a quick lead. There is great talent on both teams so this should be a good game. We need to play 4 full qtrs and never forget that you can lose a game with 0:01 on the clock. That should be etched in their minds by now. Go ALL OUT for 4 qtrs.

GBR GBR GBR :throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

16-14 seriously?? Did you watch the OU TU game?? Their qb and D didnt look good at all ,however they did play better against the sooners then when they played ucla. I think it may or may not be close in the 1st half but i think we run away and make a statement in the 2nd half I say 35 21 or 14. The way david was playing aginst ksu :corndance kid was flying allover the damn place