College football show on CBS

I can't get that thought out of my head. 12-0, B12 Champion Nebraska gets shut out of The Dance for BSU/TCU. I know there's a lot of ball left, and anything can happen. Obviously we have to run the table either way, but I'm really looking forward to/hoping for the Nuclear war that is 11-0 Huskers V. 11-0 OU. What a perfect story that would be (for both programs)

I can't get that thought out of my head. 12-0, B12 Champion Nebraska gets shut out of The Dance for BSU/TCU. I know there's a lot of ball left, and anything can happen. Obviously we have to run the table either way, but I'm really looking forward to/hoping for the Nuclear war that is 11-0 Huskers V. 11-0 OU. What a perfect story that would be (for both programs)

There's no way that we get shut out of the Championship game by TCU or Boise. We have a conference championship game that would put us over them in the rankings, if we win at least.

I think with us being out of the national picture for so long, I think that if we run the table like you say, there's no chance in hell that the voters exclude us from the championship.

Both teams would be 12-0, not 11-0 :)

It is still early in the season...I think it will iron itself out in the end. I just don't get how anyone can take Boise State seriously when they have such a weak schedule. And who were the homers that gave Oklahoma 2 first place votes over Nebraska...that is so laughable.

...And who were the homers that gave Oklahoma 2 first place votes over Nebraska...that is so laughable.

One of them was the same idiot that ranked us 11 this week. Jon Wilner at the San Jose Mercury News. There was a thread about him after last week's AP poll in which he had OU 3 and us 14 or something like that. I would care more, but the AP poll is too irrelevant to get heartburn over it.

Both teams would be 12-0, not 11-0 :)

My mistake, sir. Either way, Game of the century revisted? Would love to see that.

all the teams ahead of NU don't have a conference championship. if we take care of business, then beat a top 5 OU in Dallas, it would be very compelling for NU to be in the big dance. OSU, UO, BSU, TCU don't have the top 5 showdown going into the last weekend of play. I will call it now, a 13-0 NU team will be going to Glendale. It would be impossible for a team behind us to leapfrog too in my opinion. if OU is undefeated and a top 5 it will help us. NU's schedule is rear loaded. NU needs to take it one week at a time. Texass this week.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Then again, according to that link they are only one spot away from each other. Still, the argument that Boise plays a weak schedule should be moot when compared to Nebraska's.

According to Jeff Sagarin, one of the guys used in the BCS rankings, Boise's SOS is 28th to our 76th. That will all change, though, as we go through our respective conference schedules. By the end of the season we'll have a far better SOS than Boise.