When have you wanted to win a game this badly?

The only game that comes close to this one is the USC game in 2007. I had no hope whatsoever going into last year's Big12CG because they were reputed to be so good on offense and we were awful. I just wanted to play them hard and hopefully close and was expecting a loss. Only after did it hurt.

I want to win this game more than any other. I have been thinking about this game since we beat KState. I go back and forth between pessimism and optimism. This is going to be such a fierce game by both teams that I don't know what to think. I can see it going both ways, but I want this like I have never wanted another game and I will be there to watch it. I was there in 06 when Nunn fumbled and I have experienced many heartbreaking losses firsthand. I hope Bo and Watson get them ready. I want to feast on them.

I REALLY wanted us to win against KSU which we did but this has so much more bad blood in it and is huge for us revenge wise after all the close tough losses. In reality though the whole rest of the season will be like this for us Husker Nation, one BIG game at a time to possibly play for it all eventually.

TO's final game vs Tennessee for the '97 National title. That was probably my favorite Husker team, just ahead of the '94 champs, and the fact we maybe wouldn't even get a share of the title with Michigan was too horrible to bear b/c there was no question we were the best team in the country.

I realize that this game, in terms of importance for the season, probably is no more important than any other, simply because Texas is not doing well this year, but I really think this is important for the psyche of the team as we head to the Big 10 conference. A loss to any other team would stink, no doubt about it, but we've had scoreboard on them. I just feel like our move to the Big 10 won't be complete without this win Saturday. It will leave an emptiness in my stomach that a loss over Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Missouri, Iowa State, or Kansas wouldn't. That's why I compare it to the Orange Bowl from 1995.

The conference championship game from last year stung, but I didn't feel a sense of urgency of Nebraska needing to win it. I wanted to see Suh go to a BCS bowl for all the hard work and dedication he gave to the program.

I wanted the Huskers to beat Miami for the MNC in 95 really bad. They had our number for many years and to beat them on their own turf was huge for me.

That's one reason to want the win over TXass so much - because the worm is finally turning, like it did in the 90s with Sooner Magic and the whole state of Florida. That's how it feels to me, anyhow.

To tell you the truth, I don't really want to win this game THAT badly. Let me explain. When I think of games that I've really wanted Nebraska to win in the past, I think of games where we werem't favored to win and I had a feeling that we weren't going to win. I started to develop this feeling in either 2002 or 2003 whenever we would play a decent team. It seemed so different than those feeling in the mid to late 90s when I never worried that Nebraska would lose and always assumed a victory. Spoiled? Yes. Confident? You betcha. Over the last year, from about the OU game through today, I have reverted more and more to my old self in thinking that we can and should win every game that is played. Yeah, I know Texas is going to be in a cur dog, back against the wall mode, but Nebraska is getting back to being THAT good. Do I want to win? Of course. Do I want it THIS BADLY? Not really, victory is assumed.