Only thing missing from the new board layout is...

Landlord

Fully implemented IRC/Java chat! Come on admins/mods, make it happen :ahhhhhhhh

like the sig... anyway I thought they had it way back when.... I could swear we had a java chat the day Bo was rolled out...

We did, and it didn't make the transition with the board upgrade. There were talks of implementing it again and better than before, but it understandably took a back seat with all the other work that's been going on.

I absolutely LOVE the addition of a scoreboard. I did like the previous color scheme better, though, as well as the forum icons. I like that the pinned topics have been reduced on the main forum.

Since Huskerboard is bar none the best message board I've ever seen or been around––both in terms of quality presentation and intelligent posting/moderation––I hate to complain about stuff. The only thing I would provide by way of feedback is you might want to reconsider the tsunami of red all over the place.

Let's see if I can address a few of the issues:

1. Chat's been discussed, but so far as I know there's not been a decision made on whether to offer it. If we did, I assume we'd use the add-on module for good integration, and that would cost, so it's not something I see happening soon.

2. Yes, we could offer the old skin, but it's a pain to maintain both, since we have to manually update various features - the Countdown Clock, the Previous Game, etc. For that reason, we're going to keep it limited to just this skin.

3. Sub-forums. There's always going to be a battle of "too many" verses "too few." We kept the breakout for the Plan-It Husker primarly because, prior to having all the sub-forums, topics were not getting responses. This way, you can pop in and look for just the area of the country or world that interests you. As for Other Husker Sports - yes, during a season we get an up-tic on the number of posts for a particular sport, but generally speaking, there isn't enough posting going on overall to warrant seperate sub-forums. In-season, we might bet a couple of topics a week. Out of season, it's more like a topic every few months, if that often. We don't think that merging them will cause too much trouble finding topics about a particular sport for that reason.

4. The Nebraska "N." I'll leave that to one of our Mods with graphics or design skills. If they come up with something, we'll use it.

Anything there's this much change, there will be folks who love it and folks who hate it. But generally, if you dislike it, give it time - most people get used to it. And this is a radical change, we know. It's more "saturated" with color, for one thing. But keep letting us know what you like and what you don't like - we can't do anything without your input.

It may just be my computer, but this is probably the slowest the board has ever loaded. It takes forever to get from page to page , and even as I type this it takes a few seconds for the words to show up. That's never happened, and if it's the board and not my computer, it's probably frustrating enough to cause people to leave the board.

May be your browser settings. I run Opera v10.62 and the board is blazing. I tried IE v6 (yes it's old, but my work forces it) and the page loads were very slow.

Let's see if I can address a few of the issues:

1. Chat's been discussed, but so far as I know there's not been a decision made on whether to offer it. If we did, I assume we'd use the add-on module for good integration, and that would cost, so it's not something I see happening soon.

I've used IP Board integrated chat modules before, safe to say they're junk. IRC is boatloads more flexible. I'm sure there has to be some mods that would embed a java applet into the forum somewhere that could connect to an IRC channel? I know there are tons of them for vBulletin, haven't ever looked for IP.